SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
BobWolf
BobWolf will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 2.2L
2002 SL2
Default Tires

I have both a 2005 2.2 5 speed and an 06 2.2 automatic. Both need new rubber. The 06 sucks for wet traction and I haven't driven it in snow yet. The 05 manual not so bad in snow (owned it since last summer) probably because I can dictate the gear. I am considering a Light Truck tires over passenger tires as I use the vehicles for camping and I live in western New York therefore these tires will see ALLOT of rain, mud snow, ice and slush.

I also use the vehicles for work, parcel delivery, I don't need extreme weights so a 10 ply tire is not necessary, I would expect better cornering and hopefully a bump in the mileage.
Plans. A light truck / LT an all terrain tread but still quiet enough so I can tolerate driving. I'm not going rock crawling or mudding, I don't want the constant buzzing that results in psychotic episodes LOL.

QUESTION. What do you drive on and how do they work for you?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
Benjamin Franklin.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobWolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobWolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
SylenThunder
SylenThunder is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Tires

I used to always get the expensive Michelin LTX M/S tires. Mostly because they were quiet, and had a pretty good treadlife.

However after a lot of research, I went with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia. I've been using them for a bit over a year now, and they are just amazing.
Quiet, and they handle awesome. Even when pulling the trailer. Cornering is a bit better than it was with the Michelins also.

2004 FWD, Vti, 2.2L
Custom CAI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SylenThunder's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SylenThunder reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SylenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #3
BobWolf

2005 VUE 2.2L
2002 SL2

The 2006 automatic got Yokohama Geolander AT GO15 tires. They were recommended by I know somone who is a manager at Mr. Tire. I described what I wanted out of a tire, and he gave me a few options. Good all weather especially snow and quiet. Not cheap but cheaper than a couple others I was looking at. The sidewall do their job by controlling roll, good braking, pretty quiet, as expected I feel the road surface more than with passenger tires but that's fine. I drove it on wet roads today in windy conditions not bad. About $750.00 all in tires, install, stems, balanced, alignment, road hazard. Yes I felt in my wallet but I don't compromise with tires or critical vehicle components.

If they work out on the 06 ill bite the bullet and put a set on the 2005.
I'll post a review in a few weeks by then Ill have some winter driving on them.

Benjamin Franklin.

Last edited by BobWolf; 11-30-2017 at 10:56 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BobWolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #4
BobWolf

2005 VUE 2.2L
2002 SL2

The 2006 automatic got Yokohama Geolander AT GO15 tires. They were recommended by I know somone who is a manager at Mr. Tire. I described what I wanted out of a tire, and he gave me a few options. Good all weather especially snow and quiet. Not cheap but cheaper than a couple others I was looking at. The sidewall do their job by controlling roll, good braking, pretty quiet, as expected I feel the road surface more than with passenger tires but that's fine. I drove it on wet roads today in windy conditions not bad. About $750.00 all in tires, install, stems, balanced, alignment, road hazard. Yes I felt in my wallet but I don't compromise with tires or critical vehicle components.

Benjamin Franklin.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
BobWolf

2005 VUE 2.2L
2002 SL2

Benjamin Franklin.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!