SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default rotor swap?

i have a 03 vue and found a set of 07 equinox rotors for cheap. both are 5x115 with 70.3 bore but the vue is 1.02" thick while the equinox is 1.14". i assume the caliper wont fit with the pads fully retracted.

Last edited by Cavell; 11-20-2017 at 09:38 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: rotor swap?

FWIW, I agree with you that there's likely to be a problem. We're looking at 12/100 of an inch - basically, 1/8 of an inch - which is quite a bit of space that will be lost when positioning the caliper over brake rotor with new pads inside.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Offset might be different too. Just how cheap are these when you can get direct fit rotors for $20?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L

they are ac delco standard duty rotors and new pads for 30. i look up the vue rotors online and it says the 06-07 equinox rotors are in the same fit guide. yes you can get rotors online for 20 but than the shipping for 2 is another 15. and thats with no pads. AZ wants 30 for each rotor. maybe more

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #5
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

IF you can get a pair of rotors with pads for $30 final cost, it's a no brainer. You can always flip them on Ebay or craigslists if they don't fit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #6
Cavell

2003 VUE 3.0L

i had a cadillac and grand prix and was always looking in boneyard for good parts. my caddy was a 96 and had 11" rotors but the 97 caddy's had 12" rotors. was researching what i needed to swap them. gave up. i think some buicks had thicker rotors vs the grand prix and i may have even swapped in a pair of rotors and had no issues. but that was 3-4 yrs ago. our local pull it yard just raised all their prices. rotors were 6 and are now 8 and they want a 2$ core for each rotor. they are starting to annoy me

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
BobWolf
BobWolf will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 2.2L
2002 SL2

Carquest makes good rotors not too crazy on the wallet. I think I paid 35 bucks each. As a volunteer medic and an expedited freight carrier I can vouch for the durability. I have them on both my work van and my daily driver. I have them on my VUE for 1 1/2 years with no issues.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
Benjamin Franklin.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobWolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobWolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #8
Cavell

2003 VUE 3.0L

did some digging. the 06 equinox has the same rotors as the 03 vue. i erred in saying the 06-07 equinox were the same. the fit guide i saw maybe said the 06 and older equinox's fit? our autozone wants $44 for rotors. i can get rockauto rotors for 18/ea with $12 shipping for 2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #9
Cavell

2003 VUE 3.0L

Someone took the 06 Equinox rotors off and they were laying next to it. So I took off a vue rotor and found they were the same. Which is what the guide says. I Did find 2 1" wheels spacers for the vue. Tomorrow is 50% off at junkyard. I ordered new rotors from rock auto. Will be here sat.

Last edited by Cavell; 11-23-2017 at 11:23 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #10
Cavell

2003 VUE 3.0L

Old rotors looked ok. Small ridge on 1. Very smooth. Job is simple enough. Now, if I could get the rear drums off. Seized to hub. It's not an internal ridge/drum lip issue. It's rust!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!