SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
mfleischer
mfleischer is on a distinguished road

Default P0341

Good morning,
My car hasnt been running smoothly and the check engine light came on with code P0341. The guy at autozone says I need to replace the sensor in my camshaft. Ive read on other threads that Saturns do not have these and I need to change my spark plugs and wires (which I have never done, at 124,000 miles ) Anyone familiar with this code and how to get it fixed? Thanks in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mfleischer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mfleischer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mfleischer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: P0341

If yours is an '08 Vue, which engine? Members sometimes post on the wrong forums so to make it less confusing, members add car stats into their profile to eliminate playing twenty questions.

If you're overdue for spark plugs (every 100k miles?), replace them first before proceeding. If other maintenance items haven't been replaced per owner's manual guidelines, do so. Things like air and oil filters. It's very conceivable for lack of maintenance to create error codes unless there's a real problem lurking. Performing scheduled maintenance is first then proceeding from there if the error code doesn't go away on its own from driving right after maintenance. Most error codes will go away without resetting memory as long as the correct repairs are made. The on board diagnostics program detects faults and resets itself when repairs correct the fault without needing a reader or fuse pulling.

If the engine runs fine, you may just need new plugs. Worse case scenario may be ignition parts, engine wear, etc..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #3
mfleischer
mfleischer is on a distinguished road

Default Re: P0341

Thank you for your help! I will give that a try first and take it from there.
Yes, it is a 2008 Saturn Vue XE, 4 cylinder.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mfleischer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mfleischer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mfleischer is offline   Reply With Quote