SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Trans slip

Hi, my transmission slip when reving high, but when reving low the shifts are flawless, what could it be the problem?

Thanks

David M.
-----------
Chevrolet Captiva Sport AWD V6 3.6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmayorgap's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmayorgap is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Trans slip

read current threads about 3-5-R waveplate failure for 6T70 trans. GM warranties the trans to 10 years or 120K miles.
Good luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi, i dont think this issue is the known waveplate failure since my VUE is 2010, what would it be the correct procedure to measure the transmission fluid?

Thanks

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmayorgap View Post
Hi, i dont think this issue is the known waveplate failure since my VUE is 2010, what would it be the correct procedure to measure the transmission fluid?

Thanks
You can find it on line. For the 6T70, its downright fussy. If you haven't changed your trans fluid, I suggest warm the engine/trans and dump it, drain for 30 min. and refill with 5 qts. Dextron VI...then you know your level. Lots of extra fluid in the torque converter btw.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-26-2017, 07:17 AM   #5
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi gm7, thanks for your input, i've testing the vue and i can say it only slips when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, fluid level is ok and color is transparent and loosing its red color, a bit brownish, you think with a flush it will stop slipping?

Thanks

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #6
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmayorgap View Post
Hi gm7, thanks for your input, i've testing the vue and i can say it only slips when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, fluid level is ok and color is transparent and loosing its red color, a bit brownish, you think with a flush it will stop slipping?

Thanks
Generally....unless fluid is extremely contaminated, changing fluid won't stop slipping.

You need to run codes thru your OBDII with a code reader:
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...by-jason-unrau

Google and code you find if any. Your transmission may have a bad speed sensor, bad shift solenoid, plugged valve body, or clutch pack or something else. Maybe a clutch pack pressure issue for example.. Codes are the first place to look after checking fluid level.
Good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation