SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Car with wrench light comes on

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I have been on here!

Lately I am having an issue I can't seem to resolve. Not that I have really put much effort into it yet but I figured I would post here to see if anyone else experienced it.

The "warning light" the car with the wrench, sometimes comes on when I first start the car. It will come on in accessory power, and if I remove the key and put it back in, it doesn't come on.

If it's on and I start the car that way, it stays on when the car is started. Like I said it goes away if you remove the key and try again.

There's been a few rare times I tried to start the car, and nothing, as if the battery was dead. All accessory power comes on but she just won't start. Again a few times and she starts fine. A friend thinks it's related to the switch in the parking switch maybe it's not fully engaging.

It's so sporadic that I haven't put much thought Into it yet. No codes.

Only issues I've recently had was with the coil pack and I replaced that and it still happens from time to time.

Thoughts or ideas? Why does that light typically come on? Engine light usually comes on for any issues or codes so I'm not sure why that one usually does.

I'm sure you all know what I mean, but I've attached a pic so you know which one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1678.jpg (120.0 KB, 15 views)

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
maschinenbauer
maschinenbauer is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Car with wrench light comes on

That light usually means electrical fault. According to our UK friends, you can read the code by first turning the car completely off, hold the accel pedal down all the way, then turn ignition on (do not start). The screen where mileage is read will show the code, which you can then use to diagnose your electrical issue. Not sure if that works on our US model Astras, but worth a try.

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/.../t-107296.html

'08 Astra XE 5-speed
'72 Chevrolet El Camino
'31 Ford Model A pickup

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to maschinenbauer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help maschinenbauer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
maschinenbauer is offline   Reply With Quote