SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
datlas
datlas is on a distinguished road

Default Click from Clutch - Any Ideas?

My 1998 SL has obviously a personality. It has a new sound which has just started the past few days.

As soon as I let up on the clutch pedal, there is a click/snap. It sounds like it is coming from near the pedal (ie. inside the car) The feel of the clutch and engagement and everything else works FINE so I am not highly concerned. But it is a new sound.

Any ideas or thoughts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to datlas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help datlas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
datlas is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2
Default Re: Click from Clutch - Any Ideas?

The clip that holds the clutch master rod (goes through the firewall) to the clutch pedal? I'm gonna find a pic, BRB

edit: This one, follow the clutch "arm" upwards. Might be loose, or may just need lubing. It's the same clip used on the manual transmission tower under the hood to hold the cables on

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
datlas
datlas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
The clip that holds the clutch master rod (goes through the firewall) to the clutch pedal? I'm gonna find a pic, BRB

edit: This one, follow the clutch "arm" upwards. Might be loose, or may just need lubing. It's the same clip used on the manual transmission tower under the hood to hold the cables on

Thanks, I will take a look.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to datlas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help datlas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
datlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #4
uccoskun
uccoskun is on a distinguished road

there is a swith at thebottom. neutral switch, will make similar sound.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uccoskun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uccoskun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uccoskun is offline   Reply With Quote