SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
1custodian
1custodian is on a distinguished road

Default Washer fluid pump shot?

A few days ago, I went to spray some windshield washer fluid on my windows, and nothing happened. I couldn't even hear the pump running. Does that need to be replaced?

I've checked my manual, and replaced the fuse, but that didn't seem to work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1custodian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1custodian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1custodian is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Washer fluid pump shot?

Did you locate the windshield washer container to check fluid levels? Tried filling it with more fluid to ensure it has fluid? Was the car damaged from a crash that may have rendered the washer pump inoperative or destroyed wiring? Most windshield washer pumps are hidden, run almost silently under the container, filler neck and cap the only hint of where its located. To examine the container may require crawling under the front end, removing a tire and splash shield to inspect the ww container pump and wiring. If you can, have someone operate the washer while you listen to the pump - its small and not likely to make much noise. Putting your hand on the pump or container may help as vibrations from the pump is felt as its cycled on and off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote