SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
crasyman
crasyman is on a distinguished road

Default adding power windows

Hi, I'm new to this forum, we own a 95 Saturn sl1, recently the driver front door manual window crank stripped and since I put power windows in my 98 ranger 4x4 last summer I decided that I would put power windows in the Saturn. I took the regulator out of the driver door. I purchased a switch that goes in center column. I bought a power regulator but they sent wrong one and I'm having issues contacting them. I purchased one for a 96 which I'm told is different but looks right. I figure I can make it work. my issue right now is I looked online and found a schematic for the switch which shows what cavity is power, ground, and each door up and down. I used the same setup as ranger to get power to a relay I have under dash, however the switch has power at all 12 pins/cavities. it should have no power at one which would be ground unless there is something I don't know about the Saturn setup? if anyone could give me some info on this it would be appreciated. my wiring is all homemade, I don't have a harness from a donor. I did the same on my ranger and the windows work fine. the other thing I'm wondering...if I ever get the front windows to work is do I put the rear wires to the relay up front? it has 5 prongs and the ranger setup uses only 4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crasyman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crasyman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crasyman is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
onlinebiker
onlinebiker is a jewel in the roughonlinebiker is a jewel in the roughonlinebiker is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: adding power windows

The best part of beating your head on the wall is when you stop..

It feels sooooooo good.

92 SC2
93 SC2
93 SW2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2

parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:50 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: adding power windows

If all 12 pins have power either your testing method is bad or your switch has failed in quite an interesting way...

'95 4DR wiring diagram attached. Skipped page 1, it shows just a 4pin relay from the purple wire at the top of this diagram to the 30a "power convince" fuse ('source' power for the windows) and 30a IGN3 fuse (to switch on the windows with the key).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1995 4dr window & switch wiring.jpg (59.3 KB, 3 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote