SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
bromli
bromli is on a distinguished road

Default Factory fog lights, worth it?

My '00 LS1 didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Decent aftermarket kits are about 35-50 bucks but I think factory parts would look a bit better than aftermarket stuff. However, factory parts are hard to come by and the whole kit would be about 110. Are the oem fog lights worth the higher premium?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bromli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bromli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bromli is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
02 LW300
02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Factory fog lights, worth it?

I have factory fog lights on my 2002 and with new headlight enclosures and Wagner long lights properly adjusted, I cannot tell the difference with them on or off. My car has automatic headlights so there is no off position. The only way I can run parking lights with fogs only is to pull up on the parking brake.

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car finally on the road!
2002 L200 grandson's car now
2002 LW300 sold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

My fog lights are useless because they're mounted very low and basically illuminate the front five feet with more light. They are useless in real fog the few times I encountered fog. NYC doesn't suffer fog often so my opinion is limited. Even trying them on blacked out roads without street lamps appears no different, more lighting directly in front and too close to the ground for any benefit. I have no use for them and they're now almost pock mocked with years of stones chipping away at the glass lenses. In any real fog situation, no one is going to be speeding anyway so its moot to have 'fog lights'. They're more show than serving a purpose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
soulsurvives
soulsurvives has a spectacular aura aboutsoulsurvives has a spectacular aura aboutsoulsurvives has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Usability wise they are worthless. Looks wise I dig them LOL.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soulsurvives's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soulsurvives reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soulsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromli View Post
My '00 LS1 didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Decent aftermarket kits are about 35-50 bucks but I think factory parts would look a bit better than aftermarket stuff. However, factory parts are hard to come by and the whole kit would be about 110. Are the oem fog lights worth the higher premium?
Factory lights require more then you think since that is part of the wiring harness of your vehicle so trying to get Factory will be next to impossible and considering the time and money you will invest to make it factory would cost more then aftermarket kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
I have no use for them and they're now almost pock mocked with years of stones chipping away at the glass lenses. In any real fog situation, no one is going to be speeding anyway so its moot to have 'fog lights'. They're more show than serving a purpose.
Actually where I live in the Diary state it does help it illuminates more on the road where you can't see. My parents and my Saturns help illuminate the road. I know from driving late nights from work it helps when Mr. Deere doesn't see you or likes to run infront of you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote