SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
96sl1daily
96sl1daily is on a distinguished road

Default fuel line rotted out

my 04 ion rotted out under the heat shielding. i wanna bend my own lines if possible. my only concern is what do i do to where the 3/8 line goes into the fuel filter? is there a line i can buy with whatever type flange is on that line? the lines are fine from the front till where the retaining clip in under the drivers side rear door so id rather not buy all new lines if possible.

any advise or suggestions would be great thanks

04 ion 180k daily driver
97 sl 5 speed .....sold still running great
96 sl1 5speed ....head cracked 187k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 96sl1daily's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 96sl1daily reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
96sl1daily is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: fuel line rotted out

Tried goggling 'metal fuel line repairs'? There are as many youtube videos with home made and professional repairs using everything from metal compression fittings to join metal lines, nylon end fittings with a metal barbed fitting to fit into nylon fuel lines while retaining the fuel filter quick connect end, and more. If splicing in a replacement metal line, be sure compression fittings fit and won't leak. Fuel pressures vary from as low as 30 psi to as high as 65 psi so ensuring you find the correct repairs won't result in pressure leaks.

Examples of repairs;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0dd2guo90

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...wLrg&gclsrc=ds

Other members may have specific repair suggestions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote