SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
JRSTANGE
JRSTANGE is on a distinguished road

Default 2005 Saturn Vue Reline Lowering Spring

Hey, everyone been many years since I have posted. Lifes been busy and moved on to other platforms. However, my wife and I have always kept out Vue Redline.

It's come time now to do a lot of maintenance. It has nearly 200k miles on it with regular maintenance for all serviceable items. Still runs fantastic. However, for the last couple of years it has been an extra vehicle. As always plans change and I am looking to daily drive it again.

However, it seems the only aftermarket item I want to do to the vehicle is the Megan Lowering Springs. Seems no one keeps them in stock and per Megan they are out of stock and are back ordered with no time frame when they will have any again.

Sure, I have looked on ebay and missed out on a reasonably price set for about $150. Sadly now this leaves three other sellers available who are wanting some $400 to $700 and up for then. Going to guess they will have these for a long time to come at that price.

I have contacted nearly every retailer of these that a google search can find and all give the same answer as Megan as it appears no one keeps them in stock and ship directly from Megan.

However, I am perfectly fine with purchasing a used set if anyone knows of any around or for sale.

Lastly on ebay there are other brands such as MOOG (Who is a oem quality manufacturer) selling whats listed as lowering spring for the Vue. However, none of the listing note the spring rate or drop it will provide so I am not likely going to purchase a set of those or other brands unless it can be confirmed on the spring rate and drop. But, I am open to suggestions, other brands and solutions other have had.

ok, finally before everyone post about trying to lower an already lowered vue redline. Don't even bother. I know the Megan and probably many other spring if they were available will lower my Vue much more than it already is. Thing is I am not looking to slam it as I am too old for that. It's just I have always hated how the rear is raked higher than the front. I really and looking for it to be level from front to back so it's not about the lowered life for me.

Thanks and I appreciate all your help.

1999 Saturn SL Forged DOHC Turbo-Parted out
1997 Saturn SL2 cams and bolt ons daily driver
2005 Saturn Vue Redline - Wife's Daily Driver
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - Fair Weather Toy car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JRSTANGE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JRSTANGE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JRSTANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links