SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
JoeGeds
JoeGeds is on a distinguished road

Default Failed mode actuator

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and have an issue with my sons '09 Saturn Vue 2.4L engine. The vent doors are inoperable as is the heat (and/or cool) dial is inoperable. Dealer says it is a failed mode actuator. I have seen youtube videos on how to reset this system, but only for different vehicles. Wondering if someone knows how to reset or recalibrate this on an '09 Vue. TIA

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JoeGeds's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JoeGeds reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JoeGeds is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Failed mode actuator

Joe,
If the mode actuator itself is dead, it will need to be replaced. Sometimes the parts actually wear out and a reset doesn't fix anything, as the parts themselves are just plain worn out. I was going to have to do this on my 07 Vue, but seeing as I don't have the car anymore....it is kind of a moot point.

John

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to all

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Failed mode actuator

Here are a couple threads you may find useful.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195849
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212270

I think what they refer to as the "HVAC Control Module" is part number 96476048. Only models equipped with automatic temp control (where you use this part.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 175K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 170K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote