SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
jameson
jameson is on a distinguished road

Default 2006 Vue - Turns over but won't start

I have a 2006 Vue that turns over, but won't start.

Things to note is that when it is colder (50 degrees or colder) it used to start, engine would run, but no electrical. Once left to run for a bit electrical would kick on. I could then shut it off and start it back up and no problem.

The other morning I was running late, started it and it did as above. Not wanting to be any later I shut it off and just took my other vehicle.

The next morning it turned over and nothing else.

My concerns are a faulty passlock system (always had that concern) versus an actual fuel pump issue.

I've tried the reset as best I could, I tried disconnecting the battery for a short time as well. The engine always sounds as if it tries to catch, but never seems to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jameson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jameson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 11:56 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2006 Vue - Turns over but won't start

1-Passlock uses the bcm and ecm with ignition lock cylinder rotation to detect movement. The security indicator has several modes; off, on, blinking, flashing. When turning on ignition and starting, what mode is security indicating? It should be off when starting up. When Passlock is enabled and active, security is flashing and injectors are disabled; the starter runs and turns over the engine but the engine will never fire up.

2-No electrical means what? Unless you can describe in detail what electrical means, guessing can be tiresome and expensive if parts are thrown at the car.

Mileage, maintenance done, parts replaced?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Some starting fluid would be helpful to narrow down the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #4
SGTKAINE
SGTKAINE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
1-Passlock uses the bcm and ecm with ignition lock cylinder rotation to detect movement. The security indicator has several modes; off, on, blinking, flashing. When turning on ignition and starting, what mode is security indicating? It should be off when starting up. When Passlock is enabled and active, security is flashing and injectors are disabled; the starter runs and turns over the engine but the engine will never fire up.

2-No electrical means what? Unless you can describe in detail what electrical means, guessing can be tiresome and expensive if parts are thrown at the car.

Mileage, maintenance done, parts replaced?
i've posted on a seperate thread about a possibly related issue, how would one disable the passlock system. is that when you bridge the connections on two of the four jumpers on one of the main box fuses. i think 87 and 30 or something like that. either way, i had lost my key and had tried this to no avail. every google video worked for them, but not mine for some reason

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SGTKAINE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SGTKAINE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SGTKAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

SGTKAINE, Passlock is never fully disabled as much as its deactivated. Passlock is a program residing in the body control module monitoring a three wire sensor in the steering column ignition lock cylinder and switch. Cutting a white wire seems to work for some but doesn't kill Passlock as the security light stays on, telling the driver Passlock disabled itself from interfering with everyday driving and no longer provides theft deterrent protection. Some feel fine with our Saturns no longer having theft appeal and value to circumvent Passlock. Bypassing whatever relay terminals 30&87 isn't clear except to bypass a relay and send 12v to power something permanently. Unless you know exactly what you're attempting to bypass, be aware of sending 12v somewhere and powering up something as this bypasses the ignition switch and if left this way may drain battery power. This bypass procedure is recommended only as a temporary troubleshooting aid, not as permanent solution.

Losing ignition keys isn't a reason to bypass Passlock when GM uses VIN info to cut new keys. Passlock is an older theft deterrent system using a plain ignition key and remotes to enable/disable Passlock. GM can make new keys based on your vehicle VIN.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:33 AM   #6
SGTKAINE
SGTKAINE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Yes, a GM dealer near me made us one for $11 and some change. Whereas beforehand, because we have it, we'd tried calling AAA for this assistance and they tried to send someone 2 1/2 hours up to us, one way, to make us a key and it woulda only cost us $160 plus tax and wait time. Shiesters for sure.
But the bridge connection i was talking about was Just to get it to start. Like you said it bypassed the steering column so i guess it also bypassed the security lock too since its in the cylinder. Thank you. You seem to be very knowledgable about these vehicles. i dont need a car alarm, mine doesnt even have one, unless someone else has already done that off. but if you happen to be strolling through the forums. i'm looking for any kind of help. but it wont let me post my link to my story because i havent made 15 posts yet. Great

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SGTKAINE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SGTKAINE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SGTKAINE is offline   Reply With Quote