SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #1
anthonySW
anthonySW is on a distinguished road

Default Vibration in the clutch pedal

Hello, I am considering a 2005 Vue with the 2.2 and the manual transmission.
The car seems solid and drives excellently at speed. It does have some sort of rattle or even rattles from near the frond end area, especially at less than 5 miles on hour on a dirt driveway that has pebbles and whatnot. Anyway, get to those later, it is probably the caliper pins that are mentioned here in t he forum. What really concerns me at the moment is a vibration that can be felt through the clutch pedal. Is this normal on these cars? If I remember correctly, the vibration starts when you apply enough travel on the clutch so it starts to disengage. I don't remember the vibration being there when you depress the pedal just an inch or so. It is a one owner car with 147000 miles on it and has new Uniroyal's and factory alloy's. It is a strange little beast, base model with power everything including a sunroof, cruise control too. Wish it had side airbags and ABS! Thought all cars were required to have ABS by 2005...guess not.
Thank you all for what will undoubtedly be just the first conversation I have in here *if I do buy the car* lol
Tony

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anthonySW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anthonySW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anthonySW is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
Beasleylou
Beasleylou is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Vibration in the clutch pedal

I have never noticed any unusual vibrations in the clutch pedal. Are you sure itís not slipping?

The front end clunk is most likely sway bar links. They are the very literal ďweak linkĒ in these cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beasleylou's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beasleylou reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Beasleylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
anthonySW
anthonySW is on a distinguished road

It is not slipping. I took the thing for an extended test rife, over 100 miles, and the clutch did not slip. Slippage happens in 5th or 4th gear under a load or up a grade and this did not slip. The owner also says she has a great indy mechanic that has looked after this vehicle since she bought it. Clutch, timing chain and water pump, front brakes, air con pump and the shifter cables have been replaced. I'm 99% sure i'm buying this car, just hoping nothing too bad is wrong with it. the motor seems a bit dirty up top, valve cover is pretty greasy, there is some oil underneath as well so it has a minor leak somewhere. It doesn't drip though during the hour+ I spent eating lunch. Oh, the muffler is also new. Good running car, I just hate that plastic interior gahh. Should be good for many miles yet, hopefully. I'm not rich.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anthonySW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anthonySW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anthonySW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
Beasleylou
Beasleylou is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

Sounds like the previous owner took care of the major stuff.

Mine has over 200k now and i have had to deal with most of the items you mention, other than the clutch. Some additional items Iíve had to deal with...

The previous mentioned sway bar links. Easy diy.
Front brake hoses. Easy diy.
Wheel bearing assembly. A theoretically simple diy that can sometimes be very difficult.

Iíve had some miscellaneous electrical parts/sensors go out like blower and lighting resistors, hvac diode, o2 sensor and clutch switch but these are all pretty easy and the parts are not too pricey.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beasleylou's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beasleylou reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Beasleylou is offline   Reply With Quote