SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
tvwbug
tvwbug is on a distinguished road

Default Help Transmission Problem After Crash

ok my 2004 Vue 3.5 AWD was hit pretty hard while parked. I fixed the frame and replaced all the broken parts in the front end. It looks brand new again. so I took it for a test ride and it almost immediately shifted into a higher gear very harshly, and no other gears after that. Seems like it goes to 2nd or 3rd gear. when I stop the same thing happens as soon as I start out again. I've been searching the forums trying to find an answer. there are not any check engine lights of any kind illuminated. The car has always performed flawlessly as far as shifting is concerned. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tvwbug's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tvwbug reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tvwbug is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: Help Transmission Problem After Crash

No check engine light doesn't mean there isn't any codes stored in the tcm or pcm. First thing to do is get it scanned.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
tvwbug

I have a code scanner from Hrbor Freight, that shows no codes stored or pending

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tvwbug reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

You need a code scanner more sophisticated than a simple OBD2 scanner to get transmission related codes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
tvwbug

so it seems it is the neutral safety switch, mine is the ten blade flat style. does anyone have info on adjustment or replacement instructions? or a good source to get the switch as well as the connector (mine is damaged from the crash)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1S7595_4__ra_t.jpg (2.6 KB, 28 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
tvwbug

Does anyone have a used switch or a source for one, apparently they are not available GM part # 24228212.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #7
atikovi

Self service junk yard would be the first place to check.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!