SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
dhcp
dhcp has a spectacular aura aboutdhcp has a spectacular aura aboutdhcp has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XE
1997 SW2
Default Codes.....

97SW2, 358,800 miles. Jumped in it tonight and it spun over noticeably slower, noticed that today earlier but....maybe not. Fired up, into reverse, lights on...dash seems dimmer...maybe not. Slid into drive, felt a hard shudder. Went from running great to very poor. idles fine but NO power. Noticed the temp gauge move from normal temp to cold, back and forth. No battery light. Codes set...Po741, po121, p0137, p0560, p0562, c2205, 82tae, and one more but can't read my writing. Noticed slight burning smell in the cabin and outside. I changed the belt tensioner Sat..went well. Tried to restart after arriving home after 10 min...battery nearly dead..spins too slow to start. I've not raised the hood yet, just parking this up here.

SOLD 11/2018 1997 SW2, Auto
Owned since June 2008
BOUGHT 9/2018 2008 Astra XE, 5 Spd
Acura TL 3.2, 1998

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dhcp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dhcp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dhcp is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Codes.....

Dead alternator and/or battery. Fix that first. Code P121 does not exist but they all look like a case of very low voltage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
dhcp
dhcp has a spectacular aura aboutdhcp has a spectacular aura aboutdhcp has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XE
1997 SW2

Problem solved. I'm an idiot. Hopefully, this post will help another from the same fate. I charged the battery, it tested at 11.4 volts, and started it up. I watched the volt meter voltage measure decrease while running. I ordered a DBElectrical altenator and it arrived yesterday. Today, while preparing to swap the alt I noticed the belt.......wasn't riding correctly. I painfully admit that when replacing to belt tensioner 2 weeks ago......I installed it backwards. Yup. Belt on and ran it for 4 days. Today I re-installed the BT properly and all is good except my pride. Lesson learned.

SOLD 11/2018 1997 SW2, Auto
Owned since June 2008
BOUGHT 9/2018 2008 Astra XE, 5 Spd
Acura TL 3.2, 1998

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dhcp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dhcp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dhcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Well, it is fixed now. Nominal battery voltage is 12.5 to 12.8 depending but if less than 12.5 there is something that is not right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote