SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #1
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default ECU fried

Hi everyone, yesterday i accidentally drop the ecu and it touched the positive pole of the battery and fried one pin, the car is dead now, anyone has the ecu pinout diagram for the 3.6 ecu?

Thanks

David M.
-----------
Chevrolet Captiva Sport AWD V6 3.6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmayorgap's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmayorgap is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: ECU fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmayorgap View Post
Hi everyone, yesterday i accidentally drop the ecu and it touched the positive pole of the battery and fried one pin,

Thanks
That's pretty optimistic- only one pin and no components attached to same? I would assume that's it's scrap at this point.

Were you planning on swapping in another( why were you messing with it)?

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi, i wanted to change the battery so i remove the ecu since its on top of the battery box, my mistake was not to disconnect the negative before, now the ecu has a abnormal noise when key in On and doesnt crank at all, all accesories working fine so far, wanted to know the pinout to know what can be affected, taking it to the dealer with a tow

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

YO u check Rock Auto?

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/s...computer),2896

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi, yes i checked but in the info says the ecu must be programmed so i asume it doesnt come to just plug and play, i've find out that the pin is burned is ground pin.

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-26-2017, 06:33 AM   #6
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line

Keep in mind, even if you somehow restore the ground contact of the ECM by soldering in a new pin, the ECM is likely still fried because to burn a pin, you ran big energy through the circuit which isn't designed to take that level of energy.

Not sure if you are considering 'fixing' your ECM...worth a try but I believe the probability to be very low the ECM is anything but hamburger at this point.

Let us know how you get on with finding a ECM replacement. Sadly, virtually all of us learn our hard lessons by trail and error. You won't forget this incident and of course won't take the positive terminal off first again. Always remove the negative first as many of us have learned the hard way along the way.

Good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:50 AM   #7
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

FYI...the '08/'09 Vues used the very common E67 ECM that was used across MANY GM models from Cobalts to Cadi's. With that said, there are lots of used replacements available for very cheap if you're willing to get a tow to a dealer for programming, or someone who has access to a Tech Tool 2 and SPS.

The current service part number for the replacement ECU is 19210737. There have been MANY different part numbers for the same computer over the years.

$27.99 for a used ECM Shipped- eBay

There are also a few sellers that offer to pre-program used ECU's for a slightly higher amounts. These would be a one stop shop for you.

Programmed ECM-1
Programmed ECM-2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #8
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Really a helpful post above. For the price of towing, paying the dealer for a reflash...maybe best to purchase a pre-programmed ECM. Question is...if the ECM has the latest flash for the vehicle. Probably some leap of faith involved if going with the pre-programmed flash.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #9
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Thank you all for the messages, im really mad at me for this inident but as you guys said its a lesson learned for us the DIY'ers, always liked to do things myself and im not going to stop haha, im going to buy the ecu from the dealer to hace warranty and the latest flash version, i will let you know how ir goes. Thanks!

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #10
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Please do let us know how it goes.

And yes, please don't be hard on yourself because we have all been there. I have welded wrenches by touching positive to chassis in my young days.

Each of us learn by our mistakes and will continue to. I too prefer to work on my cars and therefore will continue to make mistakes but learn in the process.

Keep us posted and best of luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Old 09-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #11
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi, ECU has arrived to dealer! they are programming it, i'll let you know guys how it goes!

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #12
dmayorgap

2008 VUE 3.6L

Hi guys, mi vue is up and running with the new ECU! Thanks for your support.

Regards,

David M.
-----------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #13
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Wonderful news. Glad you got it back on the road.
Congrats!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation