SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
TXViking
TXViking is on a distinguished road

Default 07 Aura ECM changed won't start now

I have a 07 Aura and had several issues going on at once, locks switching off/ on, rpms spiking and a few other issues. It also leaked oil right above the filter. I read on here about that but I'll change that after I fix the electrical issues.
I just changed the ecm and it has juice (radio comes on), but won't start. I ran a test and got p0315 code come up. This code didn't come up before. I got a code for a temp sensor. Need some advice on what to do next.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXViking's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXViking reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXViking is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 07 Aura ECM changed won't start now

When anyone replaces ECMs, PCMs, BCMs where two electronic modules are married for the factory security program, a small can of worms is opened. Older Passlock security requires a 30 minute relearn (marry) procedure, easily done at home. GM uses their scantool and does it in 10 minutes. I don't know if Passkey (the RFID chip in key fobs) security requires the same marrying procedures when replacing modules. When ECM/PCM and BCM are replaced, the security password is learned (exchanged) otherwise the mismatched modules will not allow the engine to run.

The S-series and L-series models using Passlock require a relearn procedure when used modules are replaced. You'll have to search what procedures are needed and if this requires GM to perform or not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote