SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2018, 11:36 PM   #1
rowdydog
Advanced Member
rowdydog has a spectacular aura aboutrowdydog has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
Default 06 Redline for sale ?

Okay, so there is one for sale in my area , limited info, $1000.00, say good shape, near mint interior, does have boost gauge, fog lights, etc. 144K, seized engine, My ? is this a hard to find engine if not repairable? I mean I know a little about them, own 1, built them at Saturn but curious about maybe picking this on up, for parts input appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rowdydog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rowdydog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rowdydog is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 06 Redline for sale ?

What I can say with certainty is that no wrecking yard will pay that amount for a car with a non-working engine. The best that owner could hope for is that some wrecking yard would pay is $250.00 to take it off of his hands. You shouldn't pay anywhere near the amount that the seller is asking. This is an automobile which - due to its bad engine - is viewed as little more than a boat anchor by the automotive business world.

292,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
WrightMan
WrightMan is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

The only way to look at this purchase is for parts value. Best case scenario you fix the engine and everything else is great and it drives good. Worst case you fix the engine then find out the tranny is shot and the suspension needs to be replaced. I would check out the underside carefully cause I have seen someone bottom out a car destroy the oil pan and seize the engine. He put on a new oil pan and tried to paint the frame and say it just needed a new engine but he hit so hard the sub frame was tweaked and there just was no hope for it. This was a bit of an extreme situation but just be careful and make sure if you need to part it out you can get your money back since you are the one taking this risk.

Good Luck!

2004 Saturn Ion 2 Black Trim Headlights, Bluetooth Fogs, and Smoked Taillights
2004 Crown Vic Mostly Modified
2000 F150 Off-Road Mostly Stock
2013 Escape 2.0T AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WrightMan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WrightMan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WrightMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

Months later.... here are a few (7) nationwide choices, and some so old that they may no longer be available. Ranging from 2 to 263 on Iseecars.com.

https://www.iseecars.com/used-car-fi...UyMTU1NQ%3D%3D

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote