SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
codypico
codypico is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn l series 2000

My Brake lights wont turn off at all even if the car is on or off. The only way it seems for them to go off would be if i pressed the brake pedal up. Can someone please help me find out whats wrong

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to codypico's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help codypico reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
codypico is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
Dsaturn
Dsaturn has a spectacular aura aboutDsaturn has a spectacular aura aboutDsaturn has a spectacular aura about

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Saturn l series 2000

Inspect the brake pedal switch for damage. It is under the dash connected to the brake pedal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
nancy gilbert
nancy gilbert has a spectacular aura aboutnancy gilbert has a spectacular aura aboutnancy gilbert has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2009 AURA XE

This is gonna take a bit of getting on your hands and knees ...

The brake light switch is located on a bracket at the top of the brake pedal.

Watch the brake light switch while pulling up on the brake pedal. If the switch moves around (loose) you'll have to adjust and re-tighten the switch. If the switch doesn't move, its a good chance the switch plunger (its green) is worn, and the switch will have to be replaced.

Good luck with it ...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nancy gilbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nancy gilbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nancy gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypico View Post
My Brake lights wont turn off at all even if the car is on or off. The only way it seems for them to go off would be if i pressed the brake pedal up. Can someone please help me find out whats wrong
Welcome to SaturnFans, codypico. From your description, it's clear that the switch is working. In general, when a stoplight switch fails then the stoplights won't work at all. It's unlikely that the plunger has overextended its proper length and is thereby remaining in contact with the brake pedal. Nevertheless, be sure that the brake pedal springs are bringing the pedal back to its rest position. I would tend to think that the switch is out of adjustment.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote