SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
Briguys07XR
Briguys07XR is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Question Where do I start with all the issues? 07 Aura XR

Well, I purchased this car brand new over 10 years ago. Sold it to my son 5 years ago. He went away for the Army Reserve to help with the Hurricane recovery in Texas. Holy crap this car has gone to hell! Not going to list out all the issues but I have about 10 more days to fix the big ones. One thing I am wondering about:

- Door locks will lock and unlock with the key fob (which I just fixed with a solder gun)
- Door lock button on both the driver and passenger side do not do anything.

I read that I need to try and replace these buttons which I am going to try. My question is, if these things do not work, would that be the reason the remote start does not work? When I lock the car and hit the remote start button, the car lights come on and I can hear the fuel pump but the car does not turn over.

Good God, I have new tires ordered, taking it to the dealer to fix a recall, and I've filled two trash bags full of trash cleaning it out. Lots of work to do before he gets back! Thanks for the help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Briguys07XR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Briguys07XR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Briguys07XR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Where do I start with all the issues? 07 Aura XR

The owner's manual may have info to help with any procedures required for remote start to work. Something like the automatic must be in Park (not Neutral) with parking brake applied, no instrument panel warning lights on or flashing, etc.. You might have to consider dealer services to troubleshoot this if you haven't figured out why remote start won't work.

I have an aftermarket remote start wired similar to factory systems to work with security. My understanding of remote start is safety - preventing startup if a car is in gear, factory security is active or other issues to ensure starting doesn't occur.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote