SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
cam
cam is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default DRL Green Indicator on Dash

So, it would appear that my Daytime Running Light/Lamp indicator no longer lights up on dash but my lights are still functioning properly. Is there an easy fix for this without taking the instrument cluster out?
Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: DRL Green Indicator on Dash

Does the DRL indicator turn on during ignition ON lamp tests? Watch for it the next few times ignition is cycled on. Yes - there's a problem with the drl lights and/or circuit. No - possibly burned out LED in the instrument panel. A faulty led is rare as they're supposed to be permanent for the life of a vehicle. This presumes '07 Instrument panels are the same as '05's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
cam
cam is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Does the DRL indicator turn on during ignition ON lamp tests? Watch for it the next few times ignition is cycled on. Yes - there's a problem with the drl lights and/or circuit. No - possibly burned out LED in the instrument panel. A faulty led is rare as they're supposed to be permanent for the life of a vehicle. This presumes '07 Instrument panels are the same as '05's.
Thanks for the response.
I've been watching for it to come up when I turn the ignition on but nothing. Just one of those things you really don't pick up on right away but noticed that it wasn't on last week driving to work and haven't seen the little green light icon since. Needless to say, the DRL lights are working but when I go into the garage the regular headlight system comes on.
Too bad cause the VUE only has about 60,000 miles on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I have little experience with DRL indicators and have one personal experience that has nothing in common with your situation.

If I'm not mistaken, the DRL indicator will not turn on if the parking brake lever is pulled up or in case of a parking pedal, pressed down to engage the parking brake. When the the engine is running and parking brake is released, the DRL indicator should turn on. The bcm uses the park brake switch for daytime running light operation is conjunction with the sunlight sensor and headlights in auto mode. In other words, electronics determines when to turn on DRLs. The DRL indicator is just that, an indicator to let us know the daytime running lights are on. Legally required in Canada but not mandatory in the USA. Personally, I didn't like it but learned to rely on my DRLs as another safety against opposing traffic wandering close to or about to cross the double yellow line and suddenly moving back. Lane discipline seems to be an issue, interfering with people intent on concentrating with texting, yakking, GPSing, and other distractions instead of............d-r-i-v-i-n-g.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote