SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
JFS
JFS is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Your Astra in the World

OK, it is Summer. Time to show off your car and your region, town , or cow field.

Share a picture of your Astra with an identifiable landmark or tell us about what we see. I'm working a contract in Santa Cruz, CA most of this summer. This is a somewhat faux lighthouse, a memorial a family built for the memory of their son who was lost surfing near hear. It now also serves as the Santa Cruz Surfing Museum. This is about 6:00 AM today.

http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/gover...surfing-museum

Mirror (ouch):
I had a hi-lo back into my car at Costco last week, ergo the taped mirror. The replacement is coming from www.car-parts.com.

Next?

rsz_20170629_080741.jpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JFS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JFS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2017, 12:28 AM   #2
TDA
TDA is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Your Astra in the World

From my Instagram:

#Saturn Astra in front of some #Indianapolis #automotive #history #Stutz Motor Company built (arguably) #americasfirstsportscar there. And the first Stutz Bearcat was built in a smaller building across the street. That car placed 11th in the first #indy500 #May #1911

The building was the Stutz factory up until the depression took them out. Eli Lily used the factory for packaging for a rather long time. In the 1990s it was bought by its current owners. Now it is really nice offices and artist studios. But the owner keeps part of his car collection there. (His collection includes one of every model Stutz)

Not many people realize Indianapolis was not far behind Detroit for car manufacturing in the early days of the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TDA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TDA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
FreedomSoftware
FreedomSoftware is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Indy huh? I'm in Muncie which isnt far from there, don't have a picture with a cool landmark I'll try and take one in the next coming days. Glad there is another Astra enthusiast somewhat nearby!

'08 Saturn Astra
-Windows Tint all around
-JVC Head unit
-Dual 12" Subs
-Black Painted Roof Rack

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FreedomSoftware's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FreedomSoftware reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FreedomSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #4
RobD1517
RobD1517 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
1999 SL2

Love me some Indy! I know somewhere I have a pic of mine sitting outside the Speedway Museum back in 2010. It's the only time I've had the Astra on a long trip like that and to take it to the speedway was cool as hell! Too bad I couldn't take a few laps

'92 SL2 - 108,000 miles (traded)
'96 SL2 - 312,000 miles (blew up)
'98 SL2 - ??????? miles (parts car)
'99 SL2 - 168,000 miles (Sold 11/08)
'08 Astra - 131,000 miles and counting!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobD1517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobD1517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobD1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
FreedomSoftware

2008 Astra XR

Little late with the replies but I was out taking some pictures with my drone and thought of this post.

Here is my 2008 2 Door Astra XR. 108k miles and still looks clean (even though I haven't washed it in a month.)

Took these pics with my DJI Spark I got about a month ago. Location is White River Blvd in Muncie Indiana.

not sure how to embed pictures in the post so heres an imgur link

https://imgur.com/a/3vWJV

edit: reread the OP supposed to be a landmark in there somewhere SORRY

'08 Saturn Astra
-Windows Tint all around
-JVC Head unit
-Dual 12" Subs
-Black Painted Roof Rack

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help FreedomSoftware reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Your Astra in the World

Looking good! This thread makes me want to go out and take some new pictures of my Vue...

Keep them coming.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #7
FreedomSoftware

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Looking good! This thread makes me want to go out and take some new pictures of my Vue...

Keep them coming.

Charlie
Lets see it! Got any cool areas around where you live? I plan on going out this sunday and taking some more pictures of my car in some different locations

'08 Saturn Astra
-Windows Tint all around
-JVC Head unit
-Dual 12" Subs
-Black Painted Roof Rack

REWARD EXCELLENCE!