SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
kraze1994
kraze1994 is on a distinguished road

Default 07 Aura gas leak..

Noticed last night my 07 Aura XE was leaking fuel from the back middle of the car, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? If so, can anyone she some light on what could be the problem? Searching around indicates this is somewhat of a common problem, but nothing detailed a specific cause.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kraze1994's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kraze1994 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kraze1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 07 Aura gas leak..

I would guess a fuel injection hose line leak or solid lines are rotten( SAlt BElt?) downstream from the tank( to the engine) or at/along the filler neck /connection to the tank..

Don't delay, inspect now or wait till someone flicks a cig out their window at the worst possible time.

I hope you never top off the tank.....

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #3
kraze1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
I would guess a fuel injection hose line leak or solid lines are rotten( SAlt BElt?) downstream from the tank( to the engine) or at/along the filler neck /connection to the tank..

Don't delay, inspect now or wait till someone flicks a cig out their window at the worst possible time.

I hope you never top off the tank.....
It's already in the shop getting looked at! I was just curious what it may be.

On a side note, could a small fuel leak cause some problems with starting? I noticed this past week-ish the car has been having trouble starting up after sitting for a bit, usually first start fails but second start works without issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kraze1994 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
could a small fuel leak cause some problems with starting? I noticed this past week-ish the car has been having trouble starting up after sitting for a bit, usually first start fails but second start works without issue.
SUre it could

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:18 AM   #5
kraze1994

Shop diagnosed the problem as being a leaking fuel pump assembly. I ended up authorizing the repair, but I couldn't help but feel that there was some serious mark up. Out the door cost was $939...

The labor rate seemed fair, but they charged me $594.99 for a part that seems to be going for $318 max! (Amazon had it in the $180s) I get some mark up is just business, but over $200 seems excessive..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-20-2016, 01:20 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Any repair shop sets their own policies in regards to marking up parts prices. You can question it all you want and maybe make a legal issue of it as 'highway robbery" but that is the cost of doing business. After all, repair shops are in business to give customers "the business" whether costs are reasonable or not. Dealers may be the most costly places for repairs with specialty shops catering to custom/exotic cars next in costly repairs. I've heard years ago Ferrari sends their own factory technicians from Italy if a USA Ferrari dealer can't provide technical services - at $5000 for a tune up. Anyone buying a Ferrari can afford the price of repairs as it isn't a car for week end mechanics to tinker with. Saturns aren't Ferraris so any repair shop can set repair prices. You can always bend the ear of the manager of the repair shop and explain your searches for pump prices and see what replies are given.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
eusjma
eusjma is on a distinguished road

Our 2007 Aura XR is in the shop getting the same work done. Also quoted around $900.

Seems like this should be a recall issue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eusjma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eusjma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eusjma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
rampant_car
rampant_car is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Down Re: 07 Aura gas leak..

Had mine fixed two years ago for around the same price. Apparently this is a known issue with Auras.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rampant_car's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rampant_car reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rampant_car is offline   Reply With Quote