SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
Bwhitetails2
Bwhitetails2 is on a distinguished road

Default Charging issues

We bought an 09 Vue hybrid that is giving us some issues any help is appreciated we can jump and drive just fine just won't charge 12v battery has thrown 3 codes B12E1 , POAA2, and one that said low voltage to becm and one said positive circuit stuck open had battery checked couldn't be checked due to zero charge alternator/generator showed faulty diode during test no fuses are blown I've checked them all I really need some input to track down my problem thanks for any info in advance God bless.

Last edited by Bwhitetails2; 08-30-2017 at 08:33 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bwhitetails2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bwhitetails2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bwhitetails2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Charging issues

And if you put a battery charger on the battery what happens?

What's the voltage of the battery , now, and when the engine is running( if you can get it to run).

Have a batt charger?
First step along with a cheapy digi voltmeter

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
Bwhitetails2

I will have to check tomorrow

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Bwhitetails2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
Bwhitetails2

The vehicle will run if I jump start it or put a starter pack on it it is reading 0 right now but isn't charging from the generator

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-30-2017, 11:53 PM   #5
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwhitetails2 View Post
but isn't charging from the generator
Then charge it from a battery charger.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:18 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

1-Is the hybrid system under the 8yr/80k mile warranty? Check with GM owner assistance.

2-If out of warranty, hybrid gas/electric systems are not diy friendly so access to service manuals, visit GM or shop specializing in auto electric systems.

3-Here's one site that addresses Vue hybrid systems. http://www.underhoodservice.com/powe...n-vue-hybrids/

There are a few threads here within Saturnfans discussing hybrid issues but may not apply to your problem if the battery isn't recharged. If battery voltage remains at or below after starting to indicate the battery/alternator/starter isn't outputting above battery voltage, this may as simple as a faulty alternator/generator. Without knowing the details of a hybrid system, the electrical system of vehicles should provide higher than battery voltage (12.5v) to indicate the alternator is outputting. In your case, if this is a combination alternator/generator/starter, it should still output voltages higher than 12.5v. With a hybrid setup, 36 volts may be output to recharge the hybrid batteries. The becm is part of the hybrid system and complicates electrical/electronic systems.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote