SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
Lcj
Lcj is on a distinguished road

Default Needs help

I just purchased a 2002 Saturn and I cannot figure out how the cruise control is supposed to work. My manual shows buttons for the cruise control. I have a stick type thing on the left side of the steering column. How is it supposed to work. There's a button on the end, one part of the divided handle says set, resume, etc. The other side of the handle says on/off. Please someone tell me how this is supposed to work! Thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lcj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lcj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lcj is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 01:52 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Needs help

Welcome to SaturnFans! It would very useful to provide the model and engine of your vehicle. From what I can gather, you're describing a set up used on an S-Series vehicle.

I don't understand your difficulty. Do you not have an Owner's Handbook? It will be explained in detail there. Generally, here's how it should work:

1) turn on the cruise control switch, 2) press the other switch on the part where you see something like "set coast" at a speed of 40 mph or above, 3) if cruise control holds the speed that's been set then you may adjust it up or down by pressing the same switch on one half of it or the other. Let us know how things work out.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 08-31-2017 at 02:01 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:16 AM   #3
aarohisinghal
aarohisinghal is on a distinguished road

Hi
Do you wanna know your age in years,months,days , hours,min. and in seconds also ?
visit our age calculator and calculate your age .
kind regards
Aarohi Singhal
Working for date calculator and birthday calculator .

age calculator @ http://www.agecalculator.guru

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aarohisinghal's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aarohisinghal reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aarohisinghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Jonasan308
Advanced Member
Jonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of light

1999 SC1

2002 saturn? I just looked at the interiors for both the S and L series and found that the cruise control was on the steering wheel. What could the op be describing? Maybe something after market? But that wouldnt make too much sense since the car should be equipped with it.

Describe more about the lever. Whats it look like exactly? Where is it at? Are there any buttons on the steering wheel? Do you know what model saturn you own? If not, you can look inside the driver side door where the door latches and the sticker will tell you what you have.

1999 Saturn SL1-129k at purchase(may 2016)-139k when wrecked(September 2016)

1999 Saturn SC1(This car is cursed)-156K at purchase(october 2016)-170k currently (jun 2017)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonasan308's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonasan308 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonasan308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcj View Post
I just purchased a 2002 Saturn and I cannot figure out how the cruise control is supposed to work. My manual shows buttons for the cruise control. I have a stick type thing on the left side of the steering column. How is it supposed to work. There's a button on the end, one part of the divided handle says set, resume, etc. The other side of the handle says on/off. Please someone tell me how this is supposed to work! Thank you.
Your description of cruise control switches doesn't seem to match Saturn factory cc where the controls are on the steering wheel.

I added cc to a stick sports car and the stalk fits your description. If correct, power is turned on (no led or light indicator) with the slide switch and above 25 mph, set cc by pressing the SET button when your selected speed is reached. To release cc, press or tap the brake pedal (press or tap the clutch pedal for manuals) and cc should release immediately. Or slide the power switch to OFF position. If cruising and cc is disengaged but power isn't turned off, re engaging cc would require sliding the switch to RESUME and the gas pedal should move away from your foot and accelerate up to the memorized set speed. To change cc speeds without disengaging cc, slide the switch to COAST until the new speed is seen on your speedometer then release the spring loaded slide switch to set a new cc speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote