SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
Therowland
Therowland is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L
Default 2002 Saturn Vue SES

Recently purchased a 2002 Saturn Vue 3.0L. Had driven it about 30 miles. Drove 20 miles on the hwy and the SES light came on as well as check oil light came on but as I got off the hwy. after going again they both shut off and now the SES light is back on again. Nothing seems to be wrong and I know that I need to have the code checked but maybe someone could give me some ideas as to what this could be before I get the chance to. It has 159000 miles on it. I did have the A/C running on full blast but I would typically assume an O2 sensor as I've had that issue in the past with other vehicles. Suggestions?

Thank You

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Therowland's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Therowland reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Therowland is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: 2002 Saturn Vue SES

Anythings a guess at this point. I'll guess catalytic converter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Yeah, with 160Kmiles, spark plugs,cats/Osensors could all be toast. need codes, though, of course.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
tecky11
tecky11 is on a distinguished road

fore warning you will need to buy special tools to work on this motor. you will need torx bits, 8 inch 1/4 inch drive extention, star bits to remove cover over park plugs, and somthing to hold intake up while working on cyl 1,3,5

2003 saturn vue 3.0 v6
1973 International 345 v8 auto
2007 saturn Ion 2.2/auto donor car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tecky11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tecky11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tecky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
atikovi
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecky11 View Post
fore warning you will need to buy special tools to work on this motor. you will need torx bits, 8 inch 1/4 inch drive extention, star bits to remove cover over park plugs, and somthing to hold intake up while working on cyl 1,3,5
OP doesn't own a scan tool, doubt he would even attempt to get into the engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #6
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therowland View Post
Drove 20 miles on the hwy and the SES light came on as well as check oil light came on but as I got off the hwy.
Which Oil Light are you referring to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EOPL.jpg (149.7 KB, 6 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
Therowland
Therowland is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

I had the codes ran. Turns out to be the VSS. Although my other question but this is almost a general any vehicle question. Cause I'm sure no matter the vehicle the answer could be identical. If my turn signals work off an on I would assume there is a short either in the turn signal switch or the wiring correct? Just trying to ask questions as I am new to owning a Saturn and only a semi DIY mechanic. Mostly know what I know from doing the work I personally have done myself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Therowland's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Therowland reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Therowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #8
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

I would suspect the stalk switch... Maybe some plastic-safe electronic parts cleaner( spray) can help it once you get it exposed.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote