SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2017, 04:42 AM   #1
dasdream
dasdream is on a distinguished road

Default CMP, EVAP, IMT, MAF, and IAT sensors wiring problem

So I have been trying to find the wiring problem that is causing my CMP intake, CMP exhaust, EVAP, MAF, IMT, and IAT sensors to all stop working. Someone found the diagram for me and it appears like all these sensors have a red/blu wire connecting them all to a loop. I'm guessing this is a ground wire and I could just reground each sensor using the red/blu wire. But I don't want to mess it up even more when I don't fully know what I'm doing. I can't really think of anything else that would cause all these sensors to fail at the same time. Also the only engine codes popping up are a low voltage signal for all the sensors. If anyone could shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it so much. Heres the diagram that was shared with me.
sensor diagram 1.jpg
sensor diagram 2.jpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dasdream's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dasdream reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dasdream is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: CMP, EVAP, IMT, MAF, and IAT sensors wiring problem

Rather than leave us guessing what the error codes are, post them. A low voltage error code is probably the common point of your problem since most sensors don't operate on 12 volts but 5 volts. The ecm provides a regulated 5v supply to all sensors needing it. Did you check for blown ecm or bcm uses in the engine and interior? Don't glance at them, remove each one to examine them otherwise blade fuses with probe points allow multimeter probing with fuses in place. My guess is this isn't a wiring issue at all,.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote