SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
The Architect
The Architect is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Dizzy GM Saturn Customer Assistance Success?

Has anyone had any success convincing GM to assist with the cost of a Saturn Vue transmission replacement or timing chain replacement? My 2008 Saturn Vue XR was bought in August 0f 2008, but has 155,000 miles on it, so I am not sure if GM will honor the transmission problems that I have been experiencing. You know, the usual P0752 & P0989 codes, indicating a TCM failure. In addition there are metal flakes in the tranny fluid, so probably a 3-5-R plate impending failure as well.

Has anyone successfully argued a case to GM if the time and/or mileage has been exceeded?

The Architect

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Architect's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Architect reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: GM Saturn Customer Assistance Success?

i cant imagine any manufacturer would help with any repair with 155k miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #3
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line

what onefunkar said.
Was just a poster here in the last week that was 'a handful of days' out of warranty and GM customer service basically said f-u.
But at 155K...that is territory for a transmission that well served its owner.
I wrote about some options for replacement...none of them are cheap out of warranty if you can't do the work yourself and most can't but some successfully have changed the trans or clutch pack themselves.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

Like GM7 said, 155K tranny has served an honorable life.

I was the the other poster - 4 days past the warranty based on the day the paperwork was signed, inside the the warranty if you go by the day the vehicle was available for delivery and pickup. GM7 expressed my comments quite well.

Ended up getting a used Ford from the dealer that had the Vue for service. Dealership has been great, but won't by another GM vehicle.

BTW, the used car had a typo for XM radio and it doesn't have one. However, we asked about it and they ordered an add-on for us and will install. Wasn't a deal breaker, but they made the effort.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
The Architect
The Architect is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Mad Re: GM Saturn Customer Assistance Success?

Well thanks GM7, Homerec130 and onefunkar...about what I expected to hear, but was hoping that there was a "magic formula" to get GM to help out...

I guess that unless you're related to the chairman of GM, nothing will result of any persistence. It's a shame, cause the car has basically been good with the exception of the timing chains and the tranny...of course, that's the basic powertrain! The car is worth about 2-3k, so not worth putting a new tranny into it IMHO.

Thanks for all of your feedback...just a cryin' shame because both of these issues have been common complaints for this particular vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Architect's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Architect reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
Well thanks GM7, Homerec130 and onefunkar...about what I expected to hear, but was hoping that there was a "magic formula" to get GM to help out...

I guess that unless you're related to the chairman of GM, nothing will result of any persistence. It's a shame, cause the car has basically been good with the exception of the timing chains and the tranny...of course, that's the basic powertrain! The car is worth about 2-3k, so not worth putting a new tranny into it IMHO.

Thanks for all of your feedback...just a cryin' shame because both of these issues have been common complaints for this particular vehicle.
An old Chinese proverb reads....cars like people...all die of something.

Good luck with the next one. I suppose you can donate it for taxes or do what Homer did and trade it...but not sure how drivable it is to take it for trade.

Let us know what you end up doing and how you like the next car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

I got $500 for mine with a dead tranny. It also was going to need new tires (next year had I kept it) and it had 89900 miles on it. I figured $500 was at least something (especially on a trade for a non-GM used car) and I wasn't going to quibble. Just wanted to get rid of it at this point. At least they didn't charge me to get rid of it.

On a side note when I was setting up my service spreadsheet I found I had replaced more than I thought on my Vue - driver's window actuator, power steering pump, and alternator to name a Vue. So, it was a good move in saying good bye.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote