SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
tylerj7374
tylerj7374 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Wrench Quick question, 2003 Saturn VUE pass and driver vents dot. Work

Hi, Iím Tyler Iím an OSU Cascade student and Iím a newbie to working on cars. My 03 Saturn VUEís left and right vents stopped working (Not fully but only blows out the bottom (Thatís what she said) *Sorry* but it really bothers me because it gets down to -8F here and my center vents are really the only ones that work. How or what would you suggest I do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tylerj7374's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tylerj7374 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tylerj7374 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Quick question, 2003 Saturn VUE pass and driver vents dot. Work

Was the cabin air filter ever replaced? The drawing shows the filter behind the firewall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (147.2 KB, 3 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Welcome to SaturnFans, tylerj7374!

Are you saying that adjusting the vent selector has no effect on which vents the air comes from? What tools do you have available? Do you have a volt meter?

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:01 AM   #4
tylerj7374

2003 VUE 2.2L

I have many tools available and the tools I donít have available I can almost guarantee my dad does have available(Heís a mechanic) and Iím saying very little air comes out of the bottom of the vent.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tylerj7374 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerj7374 View Post
......Iím saying very little air comes out of the bottom of the vent.
Is air flow from the other vent locations minimal as well, or is it normal?

Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:49 PM   #6
tylerj7374

2003 VUE 2.2L
Wrench Re: Quick question, 2003 Saturn VUE pass and driver vents dot. Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
Is air flow from the other vent locations minimal as well, or is it normal?
Itís completely normal just not the left or right one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
burnt orange
burnt orange is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerj7374 View Post
Hi, Iím Tyler Iím an OSU Cascade student and Iím a newbie to working on cars. My 03 Saturn VUEís left and right vents stopped working (Not fully but only blows out the bottom (Thatís what she said) *Sorry* but it really bothers me because it gets down to -8F here and my center vents are really the only ones that work. How or what would you suggest I do?
Does the hvac switch work through all
4 positions? I just replaced the resistor
on mine...lost 1-2-3 but 4 worked...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnt orange's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnt orange reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnt orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #8
pierrot
Master Member

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

^Thus far the OP's concern is not with the blower motor speeds. It is about why air movement appears to be diminished, or restricted, when coming through the left and right ducts at the dash. With that in mind, I would suggest first making sure that no air leaks are felt from underneath the dash when vent selection is set toward the upper body (out of the complete dash console). You want to be certain that all of the ducting is properly connected and/or undamaged.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #9
tylerj7374

2003 VUE 2.2L
Dazed Re: Quick question, 2003 Saturn VUE pass and driver vents dot. Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
^Thus far the OP's concern is not with the blower motor speeds. It is about why air movement appears to be diminished, or restricted, when coming through the left and right ducts at the dash. With that in mind, I would suggest first making sure that no air leaks are felt from underneath the dash when vent selection is set toward the upper body (out of the complete dash console). You want to be certain that all of the ducting is properly connected and/or undamaged.
I felt under the dash for any leaks and I heard no leaks or felt any what so ever. At this point, should I just give up?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!