SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Kim p
Kim p is on a distinguished road

Default 97 saturn oval dirt track race car problems please help

Hello everyone and thank you in advance. I have a97 saturn 5 speed tranny. It is a dirt track race car. It goes on my trailer and on the dirt no asphult. I have some questions, 1. How can I turn off the traction control? Every time I go into a corner it loses power. Also is there a way to up the rev limiter to more than 4500rpm since it red lines at around 6 even if I could get it to 5500 I'd be happier. Also this last race my gas cap got broke and it instantly list most it's power and started studdering and cost my the race it barely ran after that it would idle done but not rev and I couldn't let off the clutch to move. Any help would be great. We race oval dirt track derby style smashing ama crashing. This is my first saturn ever. Its got the 1.9 L motor

Last edited by Kim p; 07-17-2017 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Add picture

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kim p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kim p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kim p is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 97 saturn oval dirt track race car problems please help

Traction control is part of the anti lock brake system (ABS/TC). Simply remove the abs fuse(s) to disable abs and traction control. ABS and TC are all part of the abs unit controlling when abs or tc activates. Removing power to the abs unit completely disables with plain braking still available. The brakes work regardless of whether or not abs is enabled or disabled. The abs light turns on to alert you to loss of abs. If the light is a problem, remove the instrument panel and remove the lamp or cut one the the led circuit lines to kill the light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Kim p
Kim p is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 97 saturn oval dirt track race car problems please help

Thank you I will do that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kim p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kim p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kim p is offline   Reply With Quote