SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
txaginid
txaginid is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Rear Bumper Step Protector

I just bought a rear bumper step protector form a junk yard. I pried it off a wrecked VUE. Was apparently held on with some thin strips of double sided tape

It only cost me $4.

I am planning on cleaning it up by washing it then,using a product called Wipe New Recolor by Rustolium (I used it before on all my black plastic parts and it made them all look new again) then putting it on my '04 Vue

My question is, should I use thin double sided tape again or something like Gorilla Glue?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to txaginid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help txaginid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
txaginid is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
atikovi
atikovi is a jewel in the roughatikovi is a jewel in the roughatikovi is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Rear Bumper Step Protector

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-u...3241071&rt=rud

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
DrewsBrews
DrewsBrews is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Rear Bumper Step Protector

Glue would be an absolute mess and probably wouldn't work well.

3M tape it

Can find it at the hardware store usually near the mailboxes and house address numbers. I suppose they use it to hold the numbers on.

Like atikovi posted it is a roll with red strip that is removed. It sticks on a clean, warm, and dry surface applied with good pressure. Once it's on it's not coming off without a lot of work and patience. So be careful to attach the part correctly the first time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DrewsBrews's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DrewsBrews reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DrewsBrews is offline   Reply With Quote