SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
Clare
Clare is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default 14404B trans wave plate – Problems Communicating w GM

I have a 2008 Saturn VUE which recently developed transmission problems. From my research and discussions on various auto repair forums, I learned that my Vue is covered by the above-mentioned 14404 special coverage (transmission clutch wave plate). This warranty is also confirmed on my Onstar account as an existing warranty until Jan 2018/120,000 miles (my mileage is currently 92,000).

On Friday, I spoke to a customer rep/manager at GM. He didn’t seem to know anything at all about the wave plate symptoms/criteria for coverage, and all he was able to do was make an appointment with a dealer who immediately told me that if I still had my reverse gear, I was not covered by the warranty. Is this correct? In other words, does still having a reverse gear invalidate all the other symptoms (e.g. slipping, not shifting, shiny fluid).

On top of that, when pressed for further info, the dealer indicated that the “appointment” would consistent of disassembling my transmission, and I would need to leave my car at the dealership. I then asked, “who’s paying for that?” and was told that if it wasn’t covered by the warranty, I would be paying for it. Of course I cancelled the appointment because I can't afford that kind of job if it's going to be out-of-pocket. On top of that, as I mentioned previously, he earlier told me that "reverse still working" means “not covered,” so what would be the point even if I had the funds?. Any thoughts on this? Is he correct about "reverse not working" being a prerequisite for coverage? Is this the kind of response to expect from GM or did I just have a bad experience with that particular GM rep/dealership?

Last edited by Clare; 07-16-2017 at 09:14 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Clare's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Clare reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links