SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
kwattro
kwattro is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up 2008 Saturn Astra XR to Opel Astra center cap conversion!

Ok. Just so we're clear, the OEM Opel Astra center caps are a lot smaller than our Saturn Astra XR caps. You will go crazy looking for the right size because they don't exist. If you find 63-64mm outer with a 60 ish mm inner diameter, they aren't real and they look super fake. Luckily, I have found a next to OEM and perfect fit solution. First, I had ordered Opel Astra center cap replacements that were shipped from Lithuania I believe, (pictured) The only thing that was important were the lightening bolts secured by 4 clips.
I gently released the 4 tabs to separate the lightening bolts from their center caps. The stock Saturn Astra center caps actually consists of 4 pieces: (pictured) (center cap- not pictured as it was already assembled and put back into wheel), outer riser, aluminum square piece and a plastic Saturn overlay that connects all pieces with its 4 clips (melted into the 4 slots of the center cap) The Opel lightening bolts snap perfectly into our Saturn center caps as pictured. I was lazy and didn't paint the Saturn center caps to match the Opel caps but I'm very happy with the outcome.
Happy modding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1000.jpg (99.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ProShot_2017_07_10_17_35_58~01.jpg (175.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg img20170710_183100.jpg (134.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by kwattro; 07-10-2017 at 06:41 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kwattro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kwattro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kwattro is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
Brianvande
Brianvande is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: 2008 Saturn Astra XR to Opel Astra center cap conversion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwattro View Post
Ok. Just so we're clear, the OEM Opel Astra center caps are a lot smaller than our Saturn Astra XR caps. You will go crazy looking for the right size because they don't exist. If you find 63-64mm outer with a 60 ish mm inner diameter, they aren't real and they look super fake. Luckily, I have found a next to OEM and perfect fit solution. First, I had ordered Opel Astra center cap replacements that were shipped from Lithuania I believe, (pictured) The only thing that was important were the lightening bolts secured by 4 clips.
I gently released the 4 tabs to separate the lightening bolts from their center caps. The stock Saturn Astra center caps actually consists of 4 pieces: (pictured) (center cap- not pictured as it was already assembled and put back into wheel), outer riser, aluminum square piece and a plastic Saturn overlay that connects all pieces with its 4 clips (melted into the 4 slots of the center cap) The Opel lightening bolts snap perfectly into our Saturn center caps as pictured. I was lazy and didn't paint the Saturn center caps to match the Opel caps but I'm very happy with the outcome.
Happy modding.
I'm trying to do the exact same thing... But with the 18" 5 spoke wheels. I can't find the right center cap for the life of me! I have part numbers, etc., but most either don't ship to America or the websites are in Russian or some other language. I don't know what else to do. Opel center caps would be awesome.

2008 Saturn Astra XR3 5-Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brianvande's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brianvande reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Brianvande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
nicolas_p
nicolas_p will become famous soon enoughnicolas_p will become famous soon enough

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE
Default Re: 2008 Saturn Astra XR to Opel Astra center cap conversion!

I found a very reliable seller for used vauxhall parts, ships with UPS worldwide and all parcels ship next service when available.

https://www.facebook.com/fasvxrbreakers/

09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicolas_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicolas_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote