SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
sirlarkspur
sirlarkspur has a spectacular aura aboutsirlarkspur has a spectacular aura aboutsirlarkspur has a spectacular aura about

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Will saturns ever shoot up in value

or remain forgotten and why do they have such low respect in the car world ie not the same way one would keep a corvette garaged and only taken out on nice days

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sirlarkspur's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sirlarkspur reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sirlarkspur is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL
Default Re: Will saturns ever shoot up in value

Depending on which Saturn, example S series, good ones will probably demand more $$$$ than comparable makes if in good condition. No other small cars (except Fieros) have plastic panels.

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #3
sedativechunk
sedativechunk is on a distinguished road

I don't mean to resurrect a three month old thread, just bored and wanted to join in.There's that saying; everything's worth something to somebody. There are people that absolutely hate Saturn and take the cars as a joke. There are others (like this site) full of enthusiast. The thing is, I think the enthusiast only exist because there are Saturn's still on the road.

I've thought about it a lot in typing this. I think somewhere down the road, 50-100+ years from now, someone will seek out a Saturn. Somebody rich/notorious (maybe someone like Jay Leno is today) that wants an oddball/different car to collect will go for a Saturn. It's part of GM's history. And there are a few extremely collectible Saturn's out there, including the very rare SC2 Bumblee, the Ion Redline, and the Sky. Somebody will want to drive it, feel it, and preserve it. I agree with the plastic doors/body comment as well. Just because it's such a rarity by today's standards. Someone will see something unique in it.

That being said, I think the Saturn and it's history will ultimately fade into obscurity over time. People will collect them, but, like OP said, Saturn is not Corvette. It does not carry the same history or legacy. And people that collect and have the money to do so, most want the creme of the crop. They are gonna go for those Corvette's, the Camaro, the GTO, etc. People don't drool over Saturn's or dream of owning one.

Just put yourself in a collectors shoes for a minute. Say you become a millionaire someday, you have tens/hundreds of millions sitting in the bank. Would you REALLY want a Saturn with all that money? Maybe for nostalgia or respecting your roots you'll want one. Or like I said above, enough time goes by that some of the oddball ones become extremely collectible. But most people are gonna go for the good stuff. They want sports cars, ferarri's, high-end goods.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sedativechunk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sedativechunk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sedativechunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

sad as it is i think they will just fade away. the only one i can see being worth big bucks is a 2010 sky. 8 built. 21 pontiac soltices built at the same time. ive seen them for sale for abt 70k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:29 PM   #5
Tethys
Advanced Member
Tethys is on a distinguished road

This one went for $5-5,500 in Louisville last month - https://www.mecum.com/lots/LS0917-29...97-saturn-sc1/

2015 Buick Verano Turbo
5 - 2006 Ion 3 Sedan, Manual, Storm Grey
4 - 2004 Ion 2 Sedan, Manual, Electric Blue
3 - 1996 SL2 Manual, Medium Red
2 - 1991 SL1 Manual, White
1 - 1991 SL Manual, Grey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tethys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tethys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tethys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Try to find information out of a book called Cars of Particular Interest (CPI), possibly referred to as the CPI Index, if you know of a mechanic or someone in the auto sales business who has one. This book will contain information about cars that are nearing, or are in the "classic" age (25 years or more). Perhaps Saturns may be listed in there and if so it would give us a clue as to how valuable these cars are becoming as they've aged. I haven't checked yet, but this information might be able to be found - to some degree - through an internet search.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 10-16-2017 at 10:40 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
RedRocketZ28
RedRocketZ28 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2

I highly doubt these things will ever go up in value.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedRocketZ28's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedRocketZ28 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedRocketZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
GTS350
GTS350 has a spectacular aura aboutGTS350 has a spectacular aura aboutGTS350 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SC2

Unfortunately I have to agree with RedRocketZ28. Saturn's don't really hit on the key markers that leads to a vehicle increasing in value.

1999 Saturn SC2 (automatic) 23,000 orig miles (9/10/16)
1996 BMW E36
1971 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1908 Buick Model 10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTS350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTS350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTS350 is offline   Reply With Quote