SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
LukeGirard
LukeGirard is on a distinguished road

Happy Hello From Southern California!

Hi all! My names Luke and I purchased this 1993 Saturn SW1 on thursday of last week for $160! It has a rebuilt engine, new clutch, and 27" All Terrains. It needs a power steering pump, rack and pinion, AC Compressor, and new front shocks. For $160 I'm pretty happy with this little wagon =) Bleh I can't post pictures because this is my first post sad day =(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LukeGirard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LukeGirard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LukeGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Hello From Southern California!

Welcome to SaturnFans, LukeGirard! It's nice to have another SoCal member here. What part of SoCal do you call home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeGirard View Post
.....and 27" All Terrains.
Are the tires really 27"? I think it very unlikely, don't you?

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 05-22-2017 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: more stuff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
LukeGirard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post

Welcome to SaturnFans, LukeGirard! It's nice to have another SoCal member here. What part of SoCal do you call home?

I live up in Apple Valley next to Victorville. And actually yes it has 27" all terrains with 1" wheel spacers in the front. It has no front fenders and a bash bar for the front bumper. This is why I wanted to post pictures!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LukeGirard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Oh, I get it now! So you have something of a monster S series wagon on your hands. That's got to look a bit wild! Many, many moons ago my parents took me to the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville. We occasionally travel through that area when on the way to or from Big Bear Lake.

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Many, many moons ago my parents took me to the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville.
Wow, didn't they close that about 10 years ago and move it to Branson?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:

Definitely gotta see a picture of that baby!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #7
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

Welcome! If I did it again, I'd have bought a wagon instead of my 97 SL (not sure if there were wagons in 97)

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
LukeGirard

I've got 11 more posts to make before I can post pics! Aghhhhh

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
WhiteSaturnL200
WhiteSaturnL200 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Welcome to SaturnFans! I also live in Southern Cali. Currently out in Death Valley. I think this is the furthest west I'll go! There is a wealth of information here to keep your Saturn on the road. I've looked at plenty of old forums to diagnose and fix my minor issues. If you are thinking of asking a question definitely check the forums. It could already be answered. You certainly got your car for a steal! I'm probably forced to do a full GM service on my A/C when I have the time and insanity for it. Death Valley summers are no joke!

KEN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WhiteSaturnL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WhiteSaturnL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WhiteSaturnL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #10
LukeGirard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSaturnL200 View Post
Welcome to SaturnFans! I also live in Southern Cali. Currently out in Death Valley. I think this is the furthest west I'll go! There is a wealth of information here to keep your Saturn on the road. I've looked at plenty of old forums to diagnose and fix my minor issues. If you are thinking of asking a question definitely check the forums. It could already be answered. You certainly got your car for a steal! I'm probably forced to do a full GM service on my A/C when I have the time and insanity for it. Death Valley summers are no joke!

KEN
Oh wow how can you live out there? What kind of jobs do they have out there? My saturn needs a new ac pump as it doesn't have one on the car. I'm dying and it's not even in the 90s yet up here. Also it's got some gross old window tinting that needs to be replaced. I wish my subaru had some window tinting but at least that wagon has ac. Now if only if it would stop breaking lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #11
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

LukeGirard, are you trying to attach thumbnails to these posts or creating a photo album in a separate area here?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #12
LukeGirard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
LukeGirard, are you trying to attach thumbnails to these posts or creating a photo album in a separate area here?
I was trying to attach my photos from photo bucket but it said I can't do that until I have 15 posts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #13
WhiteSaturnL200

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Subies are supposed to be rock solid! Lucky for me I also have a 2000 Toyota Corrolla (That I want to rid of due to exhaust and idle issues at only 142,000. Not taken care of well before me) and a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 that both have ice cold A/C. How long it lasts no one can really say.

In Death Valley there are three hotels. Yes. People are crazy enough to want to vacation in the one place on earth where the high and low are 100+ degrees F apart from summer to winter. This provides wonderful job opportunities for those who can live without the typical creature comforts of "Civilized Life" Like traffic,500 HDChannels, and high speed internet that is only used for social media and Netflix. I have everything I need here. Cable TV for free (I can still watch the big game), Internet for free (Social media OR Netflix not both) and two square meals a day for free. It's a great place to save some cash.

Tint is essential! I've got all of mine tinted as dark as can be. Saves the interior like nothing else!

Supposed to hit a high of 113 today. Fun times.

Currently work as a Bellman for one of the resorts. I've worked Housekeeping, Front Desk, Server, Host. Basically wherever they need me. We have a lack of dedicated workers here. Very transient through here. I wake up and sometimes do two different jobs before I go back to my room.

I swear I'm not trying to get more people out here. Promise.

KEN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help WhiteSaturnL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #14
LukeGirard

Quote:
Subies are supposed to be rock solid! Lucky for me I also have a 2000 Toyota Corrolla (That I want to rid of due to exhaust and idle issues at only 142,000. Not taken care of well before me) and a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 that both have ice cold A/C. How long it lasts no one can really say.

In Death Valley there are three hotels. Yes. People are crazy enough to want to vacation in the one place on earth where the high and low are 100+ degrees F apart from summer to winter. This provides wonderful job opportunities for those who can live without the typical creature comforts of "Civilized Life" Like traffic,500 HDChannels, and high speed internet that is only used for social media and Netflix. I have everything I need here. Cable TV for free (I can still watch the big game), Internet for free (Social media OR Netflix not both) and two square meals a day for free. It's a great place to save some cash.

Tint is essential! I've got all of mine tinted as dark as can be. Saves the interior like nothing else!

Supposed to hit a high of 113 today. Fun times.

Currently work as a Bellman for one of the resorts. I've worked Housekeeping, Front Desk, Server, Host. Basically wherever they need me. We have a lack of dedicated workers here. Very transient through here. I wake up and sometimes do two different jobs before I go back to my room.

I swear I'm not trying to get more people out here. Promise.

KEN
If you need any Airplane mechanics out there let me know haha. That's what I'm doing to school for. And the the subaru (98 legacy wagon 5 speed manual) has given me nothing but problems. It's got 120,000 miles on it and it's super clean inside and out but it runs like **** 99.9% of the time. Even with about $4000 worth of engine work. It got a new clutch and in February and it went out after 3,000 miles. I swear it's always something with that car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #15
WhiteSaturnL200

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Hello From Southern California!

Don't think airplanes can make it here and back out after touchdown lol But I will keep my eyes peeled! I lived in Vegas for most of my life before this. Boy I sure do hate traffic.

I think the proportion between the number of cars around and how many dings in my car I get goes up exponentially. There's about 50 cars stretched out between 5,200 Square Miles. I feel safe.

I wish you the best of luck with your Wagon. I'm personally in the market for a L series wagon. I just think they look better than the S series. I can't wait to see the pics on your monster.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2017, 01:26 PM   #16
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
I was trying to attach my photos from photo bucket but it said I can't do that until I have 15 posts.
Ahh, I hadn't thought about that scenario. My one cell between my ears only accounted for those trying to attach thumbnails or create a photo album here, not provide a link to external sites hosting images. You can always spell out the link and add spaces. Most of us, including me, can figure out the rest.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #17
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Don't think airplanes can make it here and back out after touchdown lol.....
That has me thinking ( yes, sometimes I engage in 'B' mode). Anyone know the air density altitude equivalent at Death Valley, California?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #18
LukeGirard

I just realized that if you guys want to see picture of the Saturn you guys can chack out my Instagram it's lukegirardsphotography

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #19
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is on a distinguished road

1996 SW2

"Welcome! If I did it again, I'd have bought a wagon instead of my 97 SL (not sure if there were wagons in 97)"

There were.

I believe that 1993 was the year they were introduced. I wasn't aware of them until the 1995 model year, though (probably because I wasn't looking for a car at the time). I bought a 1996 and they were made through 2002, I think.

Last edited by Mister_Cee; 05-29-2017 at 09:31 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister_Cee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #20
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

Quote:
I just realized that if you guys want to see picture of the Saturn you guys can chack out my Instagram it's lukegirardsphotography
Linked for you

https://www.instagram.com/lukegirardsphotography/

and a couple screen caps - for $160, looks like hella fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (44.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (39.4 KB, 3 views)

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote