SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
JordanRAdams
JordanRAdams is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
2004 ION-3 Sedan
Default Radio and AC quit simultaneously 2004 ION

Anyway, someone (previous owner or someone they had in the car, not us) sprayed the whole dash of my wife's car with pepsi or something, and it glued the buttons for the AC and the vent controls fast, so you couldn't turn them or push them. I let it go for too long, and today I decided to take it apart to clean it.

Took the radio out, took the AC head out, cleaned them up, put it all back...

Radio will only work when the key is in the ACC or Run position. As soon as you start the car, it shuts off and won't come back on until the key has been cycled again.

The AC head appears dead, although you can change the vent, adjust the heat, and change the fan level. The lights for the AC, Recirculate, and Rear Defrost functions don't light up, the lights behind the dials don't come on, the radiator fan doesn't come on, the AC compressor doesn't come on. Started checking fuses, and none are blown. Swapped relays, doesn't change anything. Jumped terminals with a bit of wire, radiator fan will run, AC compressor nearly stalls out the engine.

I didn't let the car run long enough for the radiator fan to turn itself on. I may do that later to try to narrow down the probable causes.

If any of this seems familiar to you, please advise. If I can't get it to work, I'm going to swap the radio and AC head from my 05 ION and see if they work (they work currently) but I'd rather pursue other avenues first.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JordanRAdams's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JordanRAdams reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JordanRAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links