SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
Xdent
Xdent is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.6L
Default 05 to 07 front end conversion is it possible?

Okay, I want to know if anyone has attempted to swap the front end on the 05 to the 07 as I really like the look of the 07 and would like to swap it if it possible.
so has anyone tried it yet and if they have where you successful?

2005 Saturn Vue 3.6L V6 (FWD) 110,000K+
2013 Mazda 3 skyactiv 2.0L I4 (FWD) 42,000K+
XDENT :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xdent's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xdent reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Xdent is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 05 to 07 front end conversion is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdent View Post
Okay, I want to know if anyone has attempted to swap the front end on the 05 to the 07 as I really like the look of the 07 and would like to swap it if it possible.
so has anyone tried it yet and if they have where you successful?
CAn't answer your question. CAn you answer mine?:
...... Do you have any money put away towards a new WP, T/belt,etc., and EX valve adjustment/check( or did that?)
........ What about drain and fill for the transmission?
......... Suspension components, strut assy's, SB bushings/links, shocks?

Or would you rather polish a t....?

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
Bismarck318
Advanced Member
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

^^^^^^^

This is all too funny! , as most of us I see here are throwing tens of thousands at these quirky problems such as wheel bearings, suspension parts, (needed or un-needed) that at many times don't seem to fix the problem at hand, & this one wants to make more work?.. This vehicle can become more than a money pit of issues without putting unnecessary work into it.

I really like the cleaner lines of the '02-'05 front end & would just assume have that, plus the chrome applique at the top of the '06-07 grille mounted to the hood with tinnermans clips is just a rust spot waiting to happen that traps dirt & salt. Plus that nasty Chrome rear hatch handle that is poorly designed that causes rust on the rear gate, if i ever have it fixed I'm going to invest in a black one from an older model, but again that's low on my list of priorities. I'd much rather put my money into the TB & WP replacement.

But playing the devils advocate, can this feasible be done one way or another? I had looked into the swap for a 97 to 98 front clip swap on a Camaro years ago & believe me, more trouble than what's worth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Finkle
Finkle is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

I was looking into the same thing a couple months ago.

I looked at several vues at the junkyard. It looks like it will work. The fenders are the same from 02-07. I think it could be done, I was going to do it myself (I also like the facelift look better), but I could not find any good front ends at the junkyard.

Just wanted to throw it out there, the 06-07 rear bumper is a direct swap onto the 02-05. Bolt up, clips pop right in, just need to take a little off the Styrofoam support. The side skirts also bolt right up from 06-07. The center counsel is also a bolt on swap and so it the chrome back license plate light holder

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Finkle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Finkle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #5
flyingj
Advanced Member
flyingj will become famous soon enoughflyingj will become famous soon enough

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck318 View Post
This is all too funny! , as most of us I see here are throwing tens of thousands at these quirky problems such as wheel bearings, suspension parts, (needed or un-needed) that at many times don't seem to fix the problem at hand, & this one wants to make more work?.. This vehicle can become more than a money pit of issues without putting unnecessary work into it.
Tens of thousands? Who's throwing that much at their Vue?

Yes, the Vue has it's quirks, but so will any older vehicle. I agree that it probably isn't worth the effort of switching out the front fascia, but at this point it is probably the general opinion for any 'customization' of a Vue.

If you want an 06-07 look, it's probably cheaper and easier to just get an 06-07 Vue.

2001 L-200 2.2l Mileage: 140,000
DOB: 05/08/01 Date Acquired: 07/01/07

2006 Vue 3.5L AWD Mileage: 130,000
DOB: 08/24/05 Date Acquired: 12/15/06

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to flyingj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help flyingj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
flyingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

My guess about transferring parts from different years lies in the hard points where parts are attached. Either collision shops have this info or diy trips to junk yards or friends vehicles; making measurements of the support structure behind the fascia and comparing them. Other factors may alter whether or not a fit matches if other internal parts are rearranged or upgraded from original design. Critical measurements where mounting occurs as well as cosmetic fit to match exterior dimensions may be needed to determine if a perfect fit is feasible. I think the people modifying car bodies may describe this as either direct fit or Bondo time with fiberglass to make cosmetic fits a match. Sometimes when no one has done this means the person wanting it will be the beta tester for trial and error experimenting.

Some mods are wrong while others are works of art and 100% functional. I think Formula-1 cars use functional mods.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (56.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (112.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-3.jpg (155.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-4.jpg (76.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by fdryer; 06-21-2017 at 03:52 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:38 AM   #7
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I wanted to do this one I got my VUE but someone had either done or attempted and said what a PITA is was to do. You need to change the hood, core support, fenders, bumper, and little bits inside not to mention the headlight wiring. After reading that, I decided to go back to school in get my Associates in Criminal Justice.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote