SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
kayzee
kayzee is on a distinguished road

Default Removing antenna to use roof rack?

Hi all. I'm about the buy a kayak and am trying to figure out what roof rack will work. Suddenly noticed the factory antenna sticking right out of the roof - ugh. Is there a way to remove and reinstall it easily? At least when I'm transporting something on the rack? Can it be permanently moved?

Any advice about roof racks for the Vue 2008? I bought this car new and I still love it to pieces. I hope it goes another 100,000 miles. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kayzee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kayzee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Removing antenna to use roof rack?

If you have a whip antenna (about 10 inches?), they're screwed on and replaceable. Unscrew it if it gets in the way and find a rubber cap to cover the threaded base. Presuming the base means a hole in the roof to attach the radio antenna cable under the roof to connect to the radio, there's not much you can do unless removing the base and adding a plug to cover the hole or body repair to seal and paint over it. Another antenna location would have to be selected. There are probably replacement options to modify this existing roof antenna to the popular fin configuration.

As to kayaks, there are several roof mounts to choose from popular brands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote