SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
GMPartsguy
GMPartsguy is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Happy JUST joined three years ago....

Like the title says, I joined three years ago, and I'm just now getting around to my first post. It's been quite the headache getting actual legal ownership and titling to my '06 Ion Quad Coupe, but I'm finally there. So, now I can actually drive it. I've already put some good looking aftermarket wheels and tires on it, because it had some TRIPLE BUTT-UGLY aftermarket alloys on it that I couldn't stand the sight of. The stereo is coming later. Probably much later.

So anyway, HELLO!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMPartsguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMPartsguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMPartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: JUST joined three years ago....

Welcome aboard! This might be a record for time between first signup and first post

Sounds like quite a story with getting your Ion settled. I take it you started the process three years ago?

Any pics of the ugly wheels?

Screen capped below in case you get nostalgic about your first post in the future
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (72.2 KB, 2 views)

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:03 AM   #3
GMPartsguy
GMPartsguy is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

It was quite an ordeal getting the title for the car, and it was mostly due to my overly trusting nature. I live near Portland, OR and drove to Seattle to get the car (about a three hour drive). I had talked on the phone several times with the previous owner, and everything was fine right up until the moment I actually got there. Then she couldn't find the title. I hung around for quite a long time while she looked and looked, but no luck. I payed her the agreed upon amount, and she filled out a bill of sale from the Washington DMV website and printed it out. She said she would find the title and mail it to me. Nearly two months later, still no title. So I go to Oregon DMV hoping the bill of sale will be enough, and NO. It's not. So when I try to contact the PO again, her number's been disconnected. Great. So, I drive back up to her house, and.....yup. She's moved. So then I had to play detective and try to figure out where she's landed. Do you know how hard it is to find someone in this day and age with all of the privacy policies and crap? I didn't. But almost two years later, I finally found her in Bellingham (north of Seattle). I surprise her at her doorstep, I explained what happened and she and I went to the DMV office together and filled out the paperwork for a replacement tile right there. And then she had the title mailed to me. Then it took almost three months for Oregon DMV to get the Oregon title to me. I never thought I was going to ever be able to take actual ownership of this thing that's been sitting in my driveway like a giant paperweight.

I don't have any pics of my car before I took the old wheels off, but they were Primax 772 wheels, with enough curb rash on them to make me think Ray Charles had driven it. But at least they were badly stained from cats and/or dogs marking them. That was a nice feature. No charge.

So now I have Enkei M52 wheels in "hyper black" which is actually more like a dark gunmetal gray. The car is white. I dig the contrast. It looks really good. The rubber is Dunlup Signature HP in P225/45R17. I absolutely love the way they look and handle. If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll try to get one up here of the car with the fancy new footwear.

Last edited by GMPartsguy; 05-25-2018 at 01:08 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMPartsguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMPartsguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMPartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Wow.

Glad you were able to track her down, and that she was both the legit owner, and cooperative.

There's been a few situations where the seller turned out not to be the owner

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote