SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
Ricketts
Ricketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really nice

2000 SC1
Default Today's Mystery Connector

You'll love this.

For years I have seen this connector, tyrapped near the radiator on the passenger side of my SC. I never really looked too close at it, everything works fine on the car, no mystery codes, etc. Without giving it much thought, I assumed it was an unused connector for fog lamps or something.

Today I was cleaning my EGR, general spring maintenance and decided to look closer. It only has 1 green wire in it, so obviously cannot be for foglamps, plus looking closer at the connector it looks more like something for a sensor of some sort. There is nothing nearby that looks like it is missing a connection. The location and clip mount indicates the connection must in the vicinity but nothing is obviously unplugged. Like I said, everything works fine, I do not know if it has been tyrapped there from the factory (doubt it) or whether the PO did it back in the day.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170420_203813.jpg (69.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170420_203831.jpg (62.5 KB, 28 views)

2000 SC1 - Bone Stock
No power windows, no power locks, no AC, no cruise control...just a good DD that has nothing to break on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ricketts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ricketts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ricketts is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1
Default Re: Today's Mystery Connector

Without a better look at it, I'd guess it goes to the AC compressor if you had one, but Gen 3....isn't there some kind of air valve on the Gen 3 right around that right front side of the SOHC engine?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
Ricketts
Ricketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really nice

2000 SC1

Dunno about an air valve, but you could be right about an AC connector, it would make sense. Since I don't have AC I just would have thought it would be wrapped out of the way better if it was a redundant connector from the factory.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the color code for an AC connector?

2000 SC1 - Bone Stock
No power windows, no power locks, no AC, no cruise control...just a good DD that has nothing to break on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Ricketts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Your car uses a single dark green power wire to the a/c compressor. One way to verify this connector as the power wire would be measuring it for 12 volts when; locating the a/c relay and removing it (if one exists), familiarizing yourself to relay pinouts, inserting a small wire jumper across relay socket terminals 30 and 87 - sending fused a/c power to the compressor. A fuse and relay would have to be in place in the engine fuse box. Another way would be a continuity test between this connector and either terminal 30 or 87 (the a/c fuse should be removed to prevent sending 12v into a meter set for resistance/continuity testing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #5
Ricketts

2000 SC1

I found a wiring diagram from you fdryer on another thread - it does look like the AC compressor connector. I'll verify continuity with terminals 30 and 87 this weekend, but I think this may be mystery solved

Thanks

2000 SC1 - Bone Stock

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
dummo
Master Member
dummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nice

1997 SW2

Hey, Can I take my AC Compressor off from my SW2 without much trouble or issues later on in life?
or am I dreaming?

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

If you want to remove dead weight, yes. You'll have to find a non a/c drive belt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote