SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
nowukno
nowukno is on a distinguished road

Default Need help with fuel filter on 1st gen....

I have a 1993 sl2 1.9 dohc. Recently done some work....valve cover gasket, spark plugs, plug wires, window regulator, pcv valve/grommet, crankcase breather hose & new air filter. Thanks to this sites help it all went smooth. Only left is the fuel filter. Location looks like a pain. I already bought a new one & it came with the upper fuel line already attached & it looks like getting under the car is the best approach. So I'm thinking i do this. Depressurize the fuel system , remove air intake & detach hose under there. Then remove 2 10mm nuts holding filter to frame, remove bottom side fuel line from filter then just to the opposite to install new one. Lastly just pressurize the system before starting. Am i missing anything? Hopefully goes smooth. Looks like a really tight space to work with.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nowukno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nowukno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nowukno is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
billr
Master Member
billr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nice

Default Re: Need help with fuel filter on 1st gen....

You are on the right track. The system pressurizes itself every time you turn the key on; do that (on-off-on...) before trying to start the first time. Also, you can check for leaks peacefully, without the engine running. Access is a bit tight, but not as bad as many other jobs. As I recall, I had my wife up on top to grab that hose and tuck it into the proper location, rather than just trying to shove the hose up there. Do you like how that sounds?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
nowukno
nowukno is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Need help with fuel filter on 1st gen....

Just to follow up my own post... Changed the filter just now and was actually really easy after removing air intake. Only thing that was kinda weird....after install i pressurized the fuel system by turning the key on/off a few times. Then i checked for leaks and took it for a drive down the road. For about the first mile whenever i pushed in the clutch the motor would rev to around 3000 rpms. After about a mile it cleared up and its fine now. Wonder what that was?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nowukno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nowukno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nowukno is offline   Reply With Quote