SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #1
mrwag
mrwag is on a distinguished road

Default Vue with 3rd row seating?

I read a while back that Saturn was developing a Vue with optional 3rd row seating. Does anyone know where this stands? We were car shopping this weekend, looking a minivans and what not (not buying anything right away, maybe a year or so). My wife really loves our Vue, but we'd like our next vehicle to have a 3rd row of seats. The minivans are just too, well, obnoxious. We drove a Rendezvous with the 3rd row seating and really liked it, but I'd love to buy another Vue.

Any clues?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrwag's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrwag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2003, 10:29 PM   #2
calivue
calivue is on a distinguished road

I've not seen or heard proof yet but the saturn salesperson told me saturn plans on releasing a 7 passenger vue in the near future. I tried to get more info but was unsuccessful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to calivue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help calivue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2003, 10:48 PM   #3
texan
texan is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

That would work well for us. We have 3 kids and the ability to haul a couple more would be useful sometimes.

Dale

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to texan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help texan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2003, 01:18 AM   #4
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

It doesn't seem like it would work too well without streatching the vue to be a bit longer. Otherwise you would be resting your head against the back window. I think the vue would look out of proportion if it were any longer.

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:23 AM   #5
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

As far as I know, there are no plans for a 7 passenger VUE. Not in the near future anyhow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:33 AM   #6
mrwag

I think a longer wheelbase could be pulled-off and look OK, like what GM did with the Envoy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mrwag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:46 AM   #7
nutrock69
nutrock69 is on a distinguished road

I heard when I bought my Vue that the next new Saturn would be a mini-van sometime in the next couple of years. As distressing as this news may be to me (mini-vans bite to a person who loves sticks), this may be what they were talking about with a 7 passenger vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nutrock69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nutrock69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #8
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by silvervoo
It doesn't seem like it would work too well without streatching the vue to be a bit longer. Otherwise you would be resting your head against the back window. I think the vue would look out of proportion if it were any longer.
I believe that the Chevy Equinox, a VUE "clone" has been stretched 8 inches but neither it, nor the VUE are scheduled for third passenger seating. The 2005 Saturn minivan is not supposed to lok like a minivan, but more like a spoet crossover or whatever. Maybe that would be a good choice for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #9
scotsman
scotsman is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE
2003 VUE 3.0L

From Charlie....
V8 Powered Saturn Sport Wagon
August 4, 2003
Saturn fans who have asked Saturn to build cars with V8 power will get their wishes granted in the 2008 model year in the form of a all-new crossover sport wagon. Automotive News reports that Saturn will offer a sport wagon in 2008 with an optional V8 engine. The unnamed vehicle will debut in 2007 powered by a V6 with both FWD and AWD models, based on GM's upcoming Lambda architecture. Sources say Saturn expects to sell 100,000 of the wagons a year.

Source: Automotive News

2009 Aura XE
2003 Vue AWD 3.0
2000 SL2 5spd
1996 SL1 Auto
Former Saturns:
1999 SW2 5spd
1997 SL1 5spd (1st Saturn!)
1994 SL2 5spd

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:03 AM   #10
ChrisION
ChrisION is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by nutrock69
I heard when I bought my Vue that the next new Saturn would be a mini-van sometime in the next couple of years. As distressing as this news may be to me (mini-vans bite to a person who loves sticks), this may be what they were talking about with a 7 passenger vehicle.
yes, saturn is going to make a minivan... proof of this is at edmunds.com in the future vehicle section. it looks a lot like the Vue, by the way it's suppose to be a 2005 model, but production hasn't been confirmed yet from what i understand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChrisION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:08 AM   #11
pkschul
Advanced Member
pkschul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisION
yes, saturn is going to make a minivan... proof of this is at edmunds.com in the future vehicle section. it looks a lot like the Vue, by the way it's suppose to be a 2005 model, but production hasn't been confirmed yet from what i understand.
Where did you see a picture of it?? All I know about it is that it won't be built in a Saturn factory, and it won't have polymer panels... yes, sheetmetal on a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pkschul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:17 AM   #12
ChrisION

it's called the 2005 saturn relay and here's the link: http://edmunds.com/future/2005/satur...ent..0.Saturn*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:20 AM   #13
mrwag

That is a picture of the CV1 (if I remember the name correctly) concept vehicle a couple years back. Not sure if it's the VUE concept car, or a concept of the soon-to-be minivan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-06-2003, 11:23 AM   #14
pkschul
Advanced Member
pkschul is on a distinguished road

Yeah.. that's the CV1. If the Relay looks anything like the CV1 you won't ever find one in my garage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pkschul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:26 AM   #15
ChrisION

well according to the pictures, it looks like it will have both front and rear sunroofs, deffinately a selling point for me

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread