SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
MoonshineSpaz
MoonshineSpaz is on a distinguished road

Default Sorta new member....from the great state of TX

Im a sorta new member. I had to trade in my old 99 SC1 a few years ago cuz the tranny was going or on it. Since then i have gotten married going on six years in July and now me and the wife are looking a second vehicle for me to drive. Of course the first car i had in mind was a Saturn. Might be joining the community again and it's good to be back driving a Saturn soon again. I sure have missed my old Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MoonshineSpaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MoonshineSpaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MoonshineSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2017, 01:50 AM   #2
Astrofarian
Astrofarian is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Re: Sorta new member....from the great state of TX

Welcome back? Hope the search turns up a good candidate!

-M!ke-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astrofarian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astrofarian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astrofarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
MoonshineSpaz
MoonshineSpaz is on a distinguished road

Search is going good so far. Have found 2 cars that i want to buy. A 99 SC2 and a 04 Ion. Both look very clean in the pictures. The ion has had some front end work done to it and a tune up but the 99 had about 10 to 15k less miles on it.... Big decisions to make over the next few weeks. Just waiting on that tax refund. Also wish they were both closer to each other so i could drive them both and then make up my mind.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MoonshineSpaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MoonshineSpaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MoonshineSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonshineSpaz View Post
Search is going good so far. Have found 2 cars that i want to buy. A 99 SC2 and a 04 Ion. Both look very clean in the pictures. The ion has had some front end work done to it and a tune up but the 99 had about 10 to 15k less miles on it.... Big decisions to make over the next few weeks. Just waiting on that tax refund. Also wish they were both closer to each other so i could drive them both and then make up my mind.
Welcome to SaturnFans, MoonshineSpaz!

BTW, which '04 model Ion is it? I'm going to guess that it has an ECOTEC 2.2L and not the supercharged 2.0L. If so then the ECOTEC's general reliability and longevity tends to be better than that of the original 1.9L Saturn engines especially when it comes to oil consumption. I suspect that you may be better off in the long run with the Ion as long as the engine isn't paired with the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) known as VTI.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote