SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
caveeagle
caveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of light

2005 VUE 2.2L
2001 SC2
Default 01 SC2 Manifold Coolant pipe repair

01 SC2 had the coolant overflow -to-manifold nipple break off. I had the CARSATURN repair fitting on hand that I bought for another project and did not use.

Anyone here successfully trim the intake manifold without removing it from the engine? Seems like I remember somebody who tried to do this using either a hack-saw blade or a small cutting wheel.

Just looking for any input on this before we resort to pulling the entire manifold off.

Mark
'05 Vue, '02SL1, '01SC2a, '01SC2b, '99SL1 :::::> '04 SVT Cobra, '67 Mustang Vert.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to caveeagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help caveeagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
caveeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: 01 SC2 Manifold Coolant pipe repair

It can be cut in place, be careful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

I subscribed to these threads related to that repair - might be something in one of these:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228963

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228658

Just bought a 3rd gen, so I was looking at possible preventative maintenance items

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
termite
termite is a jewel in the roughtermite is a jewel in the roughtermite is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

I did the repair by removing the intake manifold around 3 years ago. I wonder now if I could have used a soldering iron to melt away the part to be removed. If you touched the head with the soldering iron, it would not hurt it like a hacksaw would. I am sure it would smell pretty bad while doing it though! I guess I would first melt off the nipple part, then place the metal replacement on top of what's left and paint the plastic where the metal part doesn't cover so you know how far to melt the plastic to make the repair part fit flush up against the manifold when on the head. It was an idea I recently had. Maybe someone can try it.

It's GOOD to have a spare!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to termite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help termite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
termite is offline   Reply With Quote