SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
Gundy
Gundy has a spectacular aura aboutGundy has a spectacular aura aboutGundy has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2
1999 SL2
Post Subframe clips for O2 sensors?

Does anybody know the part # for the small white clips that hold the rear O2 wiring harness onto the rear top of the subframe? There are two of them and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the part #'s are.

And unlike the 6 million dollar man, I cannot rebuild them.

I'm a long-time forum troll, this is my first post however. I am also a huge fan of Richpin!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gundy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gundy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: Subframe clips for O2 sensors?

Need 2 of these: http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co.../21023577.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
Gundy
Gundy has a spectacular aura aboutGundy has a spectacular aura aboutGundy has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2
1999 SL2

Thanks fetchitfido! I have my subframe off and cracked both of these. I'll order them up. Hard to tell from the pics on that site. Much appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gundy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gundy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
Saturn Night
Saturn Night has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn Night has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn Night has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2

You may want to request whether they are available or not, first. That website is owned by Bob Hook Chevrolet, from Louisville, KY. I ordered exhaust manifold studs, and they showed available, BUT a few days after I ordered and paid for them, Customer Service emailed stating the part was discontinued. I called R. D. Banks Chevrolet, here in Champion, OH. They confirmed it was a discontinued part. However, the service manager pointed out to me that I could use the intake manifold studs in its place. So, of to my friend's local junkyard. He has a 1996 SC2 that has become the "victim" of my need to stockpile replacement parts, and I have been like a vulture picking over that car.

Bob Hook is issuing a refund, but it definitely has caused significant delays in getting my 1992 Saturn Exhaust "manifold" repaired after some lackluster installation by a trusted mechanic that normally does very good work.

1991 Pontiac Grand Am @ 142k - Iron Duke w/auto
1995 Saturn SC2 @ 183k - DOHC w/auto 1qt/100mi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Night View Post
However, the service manager pointed out to me that I could use the intake manifold studs in its place.
I wasn't 100% sure on that so I didn't suggest it. However, I'm 10000% sure intake manifold studs make better starter mounting bolts than the factory starter mounting bolts so if you can get 2 more (with nuts) really cheap it's a good idea to swap them out the next time you're under there

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
TomM96
TomM96 will become famous soon enough

I would Not use InMan studs/bolts/nuts for Exhaust service.

The Saturn exhaust hardware is quite respectable. Most Intake hardware does not have the alloy spec to withstand exhaust temps.
{ask me how i know!!}

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TomM96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TomM96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TomM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #7
Macgyver
Advanced Member
Macgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMacgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMacgyver has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
2001 SL1

If you work on cars often, you can buy an assortment below. It includes the O2 clips along with others for larger wire looms.

https://www.amazon.com/Swordfish-606.../dp/B01G2PV5LY

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Macgyver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Macgyver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote