SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
DWMcLain
DWMcLain is on a distinguished road

Default Automatic Transmission Repair

I am working on a friends 97 Saturn with an automatic transmission. The diff pin has worked its way out and wore a hole thru the bell housing case, as seems to be a common issue with these. I want to take the case apart, weld the pin and repair the bell housing, but I am having some difficulty with the disassembly and I hope someone can help me through this.

I have the transmission out on my work bench, the bell housing bolts removed and pulled away from the case. I have the valve body cover and valve body itself removed. But there is a rod for the shift linkage that runs from the shift lever input shaft down inside the case that connects to the shift mechanism in the bottom of the case. This rod is preventing me from fully removing the bell housing and associated gears internal to it. So how do I disconnect or otherwise remove this rod to allow me to remove the bell housing to gain access to the differential assembly to fix the diff pin?

Attached is a pic from Google that shows the rod on the extreme right side of the pic, connected to a bell-crank of sorts, and then extending down inside the transmission past the visible gear assembly. This is what is preventing me from removing the bell housing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image003-2.jpg (37.6 KB, 11 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DWMcLain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DWMcLain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DWMcLain is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Automatic Transmission Repair

See if this thread helps . . .
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...light=diff+pin

You should find more info searching the S-series Tech section.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote