SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
timspeedII
timspeedII has a spectacular aura abouttimspeedII has a spectacular aura about

Default 97 saturn sl2, 01 ford ranger fleet vehicle.

Hello, I own a 97 saturn sl2 I have owned for several years, I am preparing to sell or retire to state program. If anyone may be interested I should know within next 2 weeks to 30 days if retire program is direction I will go or sell.
On another note...
I just purchased a 01 ford ranger fleet vehicle & took out to freeway got the RPM's up to 70 & this LOUD beeper goes off until I drop the RPM's below 70 . Is there a way to disable this beeper ? i am sure as a fleet vehicle it was a safety alarm of sorts but it is very ANNOYING . I know this is not in relation to saturn but I am a member of this forum & have invested a trust into the forum & members here & don't know where else to go brainstorm. PLEASE HELP !!
TIA !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to timspeedII's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help timspeedII reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
timspeedII is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 97 saturn sl2, 01 ford ranger fleet vehicle.

Tried searching with Google for this speed annunciator to locate it? A member posted about disabling a gps connected device to disable starting and asked about it here. I searched and found car loan companies sometimes use these things to disable starting when a car payment isn't made, via gps signaling. I never knew this existed but Google/youtube search turned up lots of information. The new member didn't reply when questions were asked.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Find the beeper and fill it with super glue. I'd suggest removal, but the way things are interconnected, who knows what would happen then

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

bttt bttt

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
timspeedII
timspeedII has a spectacular aura abouttimspeedII has a spectacular aura about

TY for the info. I still have not figured it out as yet. I did find that its a speed limiter of sorts . The vehicle was owned by a pest control company probably used the speed limiter to keep employees from going over a speed limit in company vehicles. It blows me away that with all of the mechanics on the saite that no one really knew. But TY very much for all of your effort. Today is a sad day for me, I retired my last 97 saturn sl2. Loved that car but it was time. Weird though as it still drove well & no leaks . O well a close of another chapter. My son came to this forum since Mar. 02 through out the years we owned 4 saturns. Son learned all about the saturn here from all of you & as well learned much about life from all of you here as well as he & I were on our own from 2000 on & of course me (mom ) I didnt know much about vehicles or electric etc. in the house & everyone here was so good to my son & I and worked thru everything in life with him here he (we ) even made great life long friends here & met in person. Since son walked away in 2013 I was left alone to do it all & I as well turned to the forum, I am ever so grateful for all of you. Even though I no longer have my beloved saturn I will continue to frequent the forum as I have built a trust here with all of you & am grateful for all that you all do & for the friendships developed . Son came back in to my life briefly in august of this year but since has went out on a limb again & we are not communicating at all. Such is life... I Thank You all very much from the bottom of my heart . Have A Wonderful ThanksGiving . !
Thank You all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Tried searching with Google for this speed annunciator to locate it? A member posted about disabling a gps connected device to disable starting and asked about it here. I searched and found car loan companies sometimes use these things to disable starting when a car payment isn't made, via gps signaling. I never knew this existed but Google/youtube search turned up lots of information. The new member didn't reply when questions were asked.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to timspeedII's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help timspeedII reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
timspeedII is offline   Reply With Quote