SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #21
cpy911
cpy911 has a spectacular aura aboutcpy911 has a spectacular aura aboutcpy911 has a spectacular aura about

1996 SC2
Default Re: New to me '96 coupe and my journey

I wanted to give you guys another update.

I replaced the TAM engine mount. OH MY GOSH! Vibration is gone! The car runs smooth in park and all gears. The old mount was collapsed. The car runs and drives nicely now that it can operate at the proper temperature, has had most fluids changed now runs like a champ!

So, combination of running too cold due to failed T-stat, cracked temp sensor and failed engine mount caused it to run really rough with lots of vibrations. No wonder I got the car for cheap.

Now, it is really smooth, a car with only 81K miles! Of course it is 20 years old so a AAA subscription will be in order. The plan is to use the car as a 60 mile round trip commuter and give the Toyota minivan a break. Hope to get 30 MPGs (I have a auto tranny).

Thanks again...these are great little cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cpy911's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cpy911 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cpy911 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #22
Jonasan308
Advanced Member
Jonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of light

1999 SC1

From what i can tell, dohc engine get about 32-33 highway. Not too bad compared to the sohc auto.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonasan308's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonasan308 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonasan308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:23 AM   #23
Saturn Night
Saturn Night has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn Night has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn Night has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2

Get ready to have some fun. I can almost guarantee that when you floor that Saturn Twin Cam, you may find yourself enjoying it. Lolol.

Glad to hear how well your car is running. And yes, you can average over 30 mpg with the MP7 transmission. My first tank had used about 1/8-tank just idling/puttering around the driveway. I passed inspection and drove 200miles, from about 7/8 to 1/4 tank. Still had enough gas to drive to and from work the rest of the week and take a friend to the DMV.

It took 10.8 gallons of fuel to refill my tank, and total miles were 267.4.

Note, when the gauge reads "E", make sure to refill. You still have about 1.5 gallons left, BUT it will help save your fuel pump from overheating and it will last much longer.

I love the fact that I can drive around in my little coupe for like 2-3 weeks on less than $30 of premium fuel......

1991 Pontiac Grand Am @ 139k - More rust than paint & no leaks
1995 Saturn SC2 @ 179k - 17.2538 @ 77.91mph w/Stock TB
Mechanic: I can't fix stupid, but I can fix what stupid does.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:39 AM   #24
cpy911
cpy911 has a spectacular aura aboutcpy911 has a spectacular aura aboutcpy911 has a spectacular aura about

1996 SC2

I managed to repair/entomb/weld the passenger door frame damage and got all the parts put back together. She may not look the prettiest, but fine with me for a beater car that only has 81K miles!

I updated my document with pictures....so take a look!
https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

Thank you for all your help. Going to run with AAA account and hope the stock radiator does not pop any time soon. Will fix when it goes!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cpy911's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cpy911 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cpy911 is offline   Reply With Quote