SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2017, 12:32 AM   #41
Medtactics
Medtactics is a jewel in the roughMedtactics is a jewel in the roughMedtactics is a jewel in the roughMedtactics is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
Default Re: Meds Garage Project

Found out where all my oil is going, and it's literally being burned off, just not in a way I would imagine.

During an oil change/flush for the RVS treatment, basically a Heat activatied Ceramic coating/filler treatment, if you want to get pesudo-technical. I spotted a dark blot coating the engine-exhaust hanger, tracing up to the oil pan, gasket got fried and cracked.

So everytime I hit the brakes I lose some oil apparently, and if I get real frisky with the forementioned pedal, the cabin will start filling with smoke from the 1,200F+ exhaust temperatures. Good times, 10/10 would try again.

In other news... Damn I'm on a roll of bad luck... I got cutoff on the interstate, just about creamed some Honda CR-V going 50mph, with me going 85mph. Me drafting another car going 85, with about 30ft between us, this **** sees it as an invitation to join in, with no warning or directional signals just whips out in front of me. Now I have only 20ft of space and a good 35mph to bleed off I get extremely intimate with the brake pedal. And somehow accedently, at least I think I did on accident?, preformed a slight Scandinavian flick, which I've only done once on purpose. Stayed in my lane amazingly, with a Saturn, sliding sideways a bit, going 85, recovered perfectly.

But the manuver did it's job, which was bleed off a lot of energy. End result was a enough swearing that would make a sailor blush, till I went over a bump and heard a ghost of a trailing arm being loose, but much more pronounced sounding. Low and behold I stopped at my next check point and check it out. I find the SOB had pulled away from the frame this time around.

So in morning, with my first day off since then, I'm heading for a fabrication shop and getting a plate welded in... Hopefully. And someday I'll drop the oil pan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Medtactics's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Medtactics reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Medtactics is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #42
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtactics View Post
And there not being a guide in the first place did not help, only mention of a 2.5 Gen Saturn is that it is possible. So I possibly have the first documented 2.5 Gen. With the most likely first guide on how to do it.
Well done, sir, kudos to you.

Quote:
In other news... Damn I'm on a roll of bad luck... I got cutoff on the interstate
Dang, man, sorry to hear.

This is why I sometimes like living in BFE - the only @ssholes who pull this kind of maneuver are deer, or possums who instantly regret it

Maybe Santa will get you a dash-cam for Christmas

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:06 AM   #43
Medtactics
Medtactics is a jewel in the roughMedtactics is a jewel in the roughMedtactics is a jewel in the roughMedtactics is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
Well done, sir, kudos to you.

Dang, man, sorry to hear.

This is why I sometimes like living in BFE - the only @ssholes who pull this kind of maneuver are deer, or possums who instantly regret it

Maybe Santa will get you a dash-cam for Christmas
The more I drive the more I want one, and for the track too. It's just finding a really good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Medtactics's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Medtactics reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Medtactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:30 AM   #44
Saturn Night
Saturn Night has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn Night has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn Night has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2

I was in Jackson, a few weeks ago. I almost thought about messaging you to see your project car. Not sure how far of a drive it was. I was on vacation. Got a friend that lives there, and she is moving to Germany in October.

You guys have some STRANGE road engineering and driving laws, up there. I can only imagine how bad some of the drivers are.......

I have never seen a passing zone start in the MIDDLE of a CURVE, until I was on US 223 up there.....

That is just plain dangerous....

1991 Pontiac Grand Am @ 140k - More rust than paint & no leaks
1995 Saturn SC2 @ 181k - 17.2538 @ 77.91mph w/Stock TB
Mechanic: I can't fix stupid, but I can fix what stupid does.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote